Reviews: pcapiral

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 55

Front Desk Staff, Ashley is an asset to the hostel. She answered all our questions, recommended some sights to see, gave us directions, etc. and made sure our stay at the hostel is up to our satisfaction. She always wears a smile!!!

Hunny Hostel Bandung

Bandung, Indonesia

Hostel owners were very accommodating and helpful. They provided directions & details to Tangkuban Parahu Crater & Ciater Hot Springs. Also suggested to visit Pangandaran on the way to Yogyakarta which a German lady & I did. Thank you for figuring out my YOG-KUL flight. Unfortunately, their computer / connection doesn't work properly.

Kamar-Kamar for Backpackers

Jakarta, Indonesia

value of money is good, 1 computer in the lobby, comp coffee but 1 staff needs to improve customer service skills.

Kuala Melaka Inn

Langkawi, Malaysia

Excellent value for money, however, it costs 20 RM by taxi everytime we go to Cenang area for meals, beach, etc. It would be nice if there's a computer for the guests to use. Thanks for the complimentary upgrade, though.

Kimberley House

Penang, Malaysia

Nice & clean hostel. The hostel doesn't open the doors till 8:00 am. Our bus arrived from KL to Penang at around 4 am so we had to wait at the corner dimsum restaurant for almost 4 hours just to leave our luggage. We're told to come back to check-in at 2 pm. The staff moved our luggage & other belongings to another room for our 2nd day. We're told about it after we came back from our tour. The staff did not find my red plastic bag with snacks, candies, coffee sachets, etc.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Only one LRT stop from KL Sentral & centrally located. Clean, spacious rooms & showers/toilets. Coffee & toast with butter, jam & peanut butter for breakfast included. Everything went well until departure on Jan 15, 2014. Receptionist on duty around 10pm-11pm did not answer the door when we came back to pick up our bags. Thanks to the staff at nearby 7/11 convenient store who contacted the hostel by phone to open the door for us. We nearly missed our bus to Penang!

thanks for your valuable comment, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Thanks for your comment again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team

Staff was very helpful, they also contacted my tour agent to advice them of my tour pick-up location. Continental breakfast was included with rate. Wi-Fi available even in rooms. Although storage room is not available my luggage were safe in the reception/dining area.

The staff spoke English and helped us book an "acrobatic show". The property is clean including the toilets and showers. We're able to store our big luggage at the reception area. There are two computers availble for public use however, one of them has virus and affected my SDcard when my companion tried to copy the pictures. I hope I'll still be able to retrieve all my photos and memories of Shanghai.

Mr Hu Hotel

Huangshan, China

The value for money @ 60RMB per bed in a really nice triple room (with fresh towels) is excellent.. The property located in Tangkou Town (70km from the railway station) is only about 10 minutes walk to the bus station where we took buses to Huangshan's Cloud Valley Cableway Station, Mercy Light Cableway Station, Hong Cun Ancient Village & to the Railway Station. Mr. Hu was kind enough to drive us to the bus station twice. Pick-up on arrival from Railway Station to hotel = 150RMB per car.

U-Baan Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

The owner Joy is a wealth of information. She booked our VIP bus from Bangkok to Chang Mai for Jan 22nd, Floating Market. Train Market, provided us with details on how to experience Pattaya in a day, provided us with a list to things to do & see in Bangkok plus much more. We're also able to use her washing machine. Joy is a great Hostess!

RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan)

Guangzhou, China

5 minute ferry ride to Shamian Island, less than half hour Metro ride from East Railway Station, about 40 minutes on Metro from the airport. Friendly staff. A computer is available for use, however, no internet connection most of the time during our stay. You can check the Guangzhou map on the wall and I hope they could provide one to the guests, too.

Staff very helpful and able to have backback in storage before room is ready by 1400. The common bathroom/toilets are clean and well maintained. Will recommend this YHA!

The Front Desk staff were very helpful in looking for a tour agency for my Shanghai Sightseeing as well as my computer issue transferring my photos from my camera to USB. I checked out in the morning and they're kind enough to hold my bag at the back office which I picked up in the evening. The smell of the toilet lingered thru the hallway and bothered me while in bed. There's one computer available for anybody for FREE.