Glow Worm Cottages

Franz Josef, New Zealand

I had a few problems with the free unlimited wifi which was very slow, kept telling me it was limited and dropping out when I was in the middle of things. The staff did try to fix the problem for me and its possible that it had more to do with the location of the town than anything else.

• 6th Jan 2015

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

The facilities would also have received an excellent rating except that the kitchen was very small and closed during the night. It was supposed to open at 7am but I went down three times and it was still closed. Since I had an 8 o'clock bus to catch, I had to buy breakfast which was a bit annoying. I had a fridge and microwave in my room and could have made breakfast there but I didn't have any bowls or utensils. The kitchen should be 24 hours.

• 5th Jan 2015

Saltwater Lodge

Paihia, New Zealand

This was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. We booked for 2 in a private room - there were 2 of us but there were four beds so the room would be great for a group of friends or family. Plenty of space, ensuite bathroom, TV, nice deck area. The kitchen/dining & lounge area on the floor below was well equipped and comfortable and the hostel was well located - close to everything but not too noisy. The price was a little higher than other hostel private rooms but definitely worth it

• 19th Jan 2013

Clean, friendly, homey and specially welcoming after the place we'd come from. Private rooms are lovely, kitchen small but well equipped, staff very friendly. Nice location in Parnell, Auckland. Great place to stay.

• 17th Jan 2013

YHA Rotorua

Rotorua, New Zealand

This is a very pleasant hostel. The staff were very nice and the hostel clean. The kitchen was large and reasonably well equipped but a garlic crusher would have been nice and some small oven dishes would be great. Overall this was a nice place to stay.

• 9th Jan 2013