L'Hotel Particulier

Paris, France

This little treasure is located away from all the tourists but close to a major train station, and walking distance to Notre Dame. The street is quiet and the neighbours friendly and helpful. The room was smallish, but we didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was compact but was modern, clean and very comfortable. There is a small kitchenette. Security includes a key to the houses front door, and a key to your room, windows with shutters with locks.

• 19th Sep 2013

Hotel Leopold

Bruges, Belgium

The location was close to everything but as it was tucked down an alley it was very quiet. The service was good and the breakfast looked delicious although we went elsewhere for a waffle :) I couldn't fault anything except the floor in the room was dirty, which meant that if you went to the loo in the middle of the night you had to brush off your feet before crawling back into bed. Otherwise it was spotless.

• 11th Sep 2013

Anna houseboat

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We absolutely loved staying on Anna Houseboat. The owners went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home. The place was spotless, I could not fault a thing. I think the bathroom is shared but we never saw anybody else while we were there. They had everything you could possibly need and more, with great cooking facilities. The location is a little hard to find which meant it was central but quiet. I'd highly recommend this place to my friends.

• 8th Sep 2013