The Palace Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I don't know if I was there during low season, just happened to be there on boring days, or if it's always like this, but the hostel wasn't that full or lively. Pros: security (main door, room door, and lockers--but bring your own lock), comfortable mattresses, well ACed rooms, one of the workers was nice and took us out. Cons: location (a little sketchy and far from bars), awful mosquito problem, kitchen isn't well stocked, the other 2 workers were extremely standoffish.

I liked this hostel a lot. Great location and nice facilities with daily activities offered. The free breakfast and dinner was a great bonus as well.

Hi, Glad to hear you enjoyed all of our daytime and nighttime activities! We had a great time hosting you at our hostel! Cheers, Bobby

Islander Backpackers Resort

Surfers Paradise, Australia

Pros: great location, attached to a hotel so you get the extras of the hotel like a pool and steam room Cons: the hostel reception closes at 4pm although the hotel reception is 24 hours and they can help you after, no free luggage storage, you have to give a $10 deposit for a huge box with plates and cutlery, you were assigned a bed in the room which they are sticklers about (and both of us in our party got top bunks, even though there was an empty bottom bunk that no one slept in that night)