Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Melrose Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

This was a lovely place to stay. The rooms were great, the breakfast was the best we had and it had a buzzing atmosphere even being there out of the main tourist season. The staff gave great advice and helped us organize our days. I highly recommend this place.

• 8th Oct 2013

Costa Blu Bodrum

Bodrum, Turkey

This place could have been lovely, but we clearly went out of season and it was pretty much a ghost town and the lack of use showed. It didn't cater well for travellers, and seems to be more designed as a holiday spot for Turkish travellers. It was difficult to get around as it was much further from Bodrum than we expected. If travelling as a backpacker I would not recommend it.

• 4th Oct 2013

Guven Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

We loved our stay here and were sad to leave. The staff were so welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. It was a lovely place, great rooms and a fantastic breakfast. I would love to return to Cappadoccia and will stay here again.

• 1st Oct 2013

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

We really enjoyed our stay here and have booked to return at the end of our trip. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms were nice for what you paid. The bathrooms are not the best, the showers leak and the lighting is terrible. However, the roof top terrace and breakfast were fantastic! I would definitely recommend this place.

• 28th Sep 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, it's a little out of the City, but it's right near the subway line so easy to get around. The hostel was very clean, and had a nice atmosphere to it. It was a great sociable place. I would stay here again.

• 26th Dec 2012

Tchaikovsky Hostel

Split, Croatia

This hostel was the best I have stayed in, I ended up extending my stay. The staff were lovely, and so helpful, offering day tours, and great restaurant advice. The rooms were great, having the privacy curtain, night light and lockers, made such a difference, and made the place feel slightly more homely. A fantastic hostel, I would highly recommend it and will stay here again if I find myself in Split again!

• 1st Oct 2012