Sakura Guest House

Hida Takayama, Japan

Very nice, clean hostel. Staff were accommodating. Room was cozy and comfortable. Facilities felt clean. The only drawback is the location. It was maybe a 20~25 minute walk from the station and ~30 minutes walking to the temples and sake breweries, but a much shorter bike ride (bike rentals were only 500 Yen for 12 hours). If you have a car it wouldn't be a problem either. It was closer to the Folk Village (~10-15 minute walk?), which was really nice.

Very nice facilities - lots of space for guests to relax. We had our own private room, so we felt our belongings were secure. It's in a nice, central location. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Japan

This was a very nice place to stay, and the staff were incredibly nice and accommodating! We especially liked the facilities, which were really cozy :)! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was okay, it was pretty standard. The light situation was frustrating - the overhead light you couldn't turn on/off, and it turned off automatically at 11 pm. This meant we had to get ready in the dark which was so annoying (despite no one being in the room). The room was also pretty small for 8 people. My last complaint was that the housekeeper came in to clean early - at 9 am while people were still sleeping, and woke everyone up.

• 29th Jun 2013

Rapunzel

Istanbul, Turkey

I liked the hostel, it had a nice rooftop terrace, a small dining room, and a small living room. The staff were nice, and the breakfast (cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese, bread, cookies) was delicious. The location (near Galata tower) was also a big plus.

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Nice hostel, but had some concerns about security. The hostel leaves their front door locked (they don't give guests the key). I came back after a few drinks around midnight. The street was pretty dark at night, and since the door was locked, I had to wait outside more than 5 minutes, alone, for someone to open the door for me. I didn't feel comfortable, being a lone female in an area I don't know well at night. Also, the people staying there weren't altogether too social.

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

It was nice. The hostel staff and other guests were really pleasant and friendly. I loved the atmosphere and the location couldn't have been better. My only two complaints would be that my room smelled kind of like feet (it may have just been the duvet and the pillow), also not much privacy/noise travelled easily through the walls and the bathroom situation was kind of difficult (not many bathrooms for number of guests). But other than that, I had a really great stay!