Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was okay, it was pretty standard. The light situation was frustrating - the overhead light you couldn't turn on/off, and it turned off automatically at 11 pm. This meant we had to get ready in the dark which was so annoying (despite no one being in the room). The room was also pretty small for 8 people. My last complaint was that the housekeeper came in to clean early - at 9 am while people were still sleeping, and woke everyone up.

• 29th Jun 2013

Rapunzel

Istanbul, Turkey

I liked the hostel, it had a nice rooftop terrace, a small dining room, and a small living room. The staff were nice, and the breakfast (cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese, bread, cookies) was delicious. The location (near Galata tower) was also a big plus.

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Nice hostel, but had some concerns about security. The hostel leaves their front door locked (they don't give guests the key). I came back after a few drinks around midnight. The street was pretty dark at night, and since the door was locked, I had to wait outside more than 5 minutes, alone, for someone to open the door for me. I didn't feel comfortable, being a lone female in an area I don't know well at night. Also, the people staying there weren't altogether too social.

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

It was nice. The hostel staff and other guests were really pleasant and friendly. I loved the atmosphere and the location couldn't have been better. My only two complaints would be that my room smelled kind of like feet (it may have just been the duvet and the pillow), also not much privacy/noise travelled easily through the walls and the bathroom situation was kind of difficult (not many bathrooms for number of guests). But other than that, I had a really great stay!