Reviews: ayeshaayesha

• USA, Female, 31-40
Pandora after 80s, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7.4
18th Sep 2013

I would recommend this place IF you are able to get a single room, otherwise the dorm is quite cramped and I wouldn't recommend it! Also if you plan to arrive after 11 PM on any night during your stay, you may have to wait a long time to get back in- this is something they really need to work on and makes me think that I wouldn't stay here again.

• USA, Female, 31-40
The Classic Courtyard, Beijing, China
8.0
17th Jun 2013

This hostel is in a great location- near Metro Lines 2 & 5, & near the Lama Temple; a short walk/bike ride to The Bell Tower, Houhai Lake, & Ghost Street. I would recommend it based on the location alone! Otherwise, it's what you would expect from a simple hostel. There were families staying here, as well as backpackers. The people working the desk are don't offer up information, but if you ask, they will give it to you. Take a cab (85 RMB) or the train from the airport . Don't rent their bikes!

Our Melting Pot, Manila, Philippines
30th Mar 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. We especially enjoyed the fact that there were curtains around each bed for privacy. A small but really nice touch! The owner helped us locate the nicer part of the city- we just wish we had ran into him the first day! The Red Light district is the closest pedestrian friendly area so if you're not into that, ask for directions to a nicer part of town.

Siem Reap Rooms, Siem Reap, Cambodia
6.3
23rd Dec 2012

A pretty basic hostel. The tuk-tuk driver on staff was very helpful. Two computers for use in the main lobby, and a small bar/restaurant downstairs, though I didn't personally eat or drink anything there.

Tropical Breeze Guest house, Siem Reap, Cambodia
20th Dec 2012

The pool was a really nice thing to have to lounge around at away from the city bustle. The staff was very helpful. They have a safe deposit box that they urge you to use, but you aren't able to access your items from 10pm-7am which was a little bit obnoxious one of the nights that we stayed there. Overall a great hostel, much nicer than most for just a bit more money.

Hostel Nomads, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5.4
19th Dec 2012

The "beds" are literally on the ground. The security locker is a large orange cooler looking thing that could easily be picked up and moved by anyone. The owner cautioned us to not bring any sort of bag out with us, though I believe this was a bit of an extreme warning. The bathroom is shared by quite a few individuals, and gets dirty quite quickly. The restaurant was under renovation while we were visiting.

No Kidd Inn, Yangshuo, China
7.1
30th Sep 2012

The one main desk guy was really helpful and awesome. The other desk people were just okay. There weren't individual lockers for each person staying in the mixed dorm room. I requested a lock and was given one free of charge, but I was the only person in the room that was able to lock his/her things up. I also happend to lose the key to the lock and they were very kind about giving me another. Booking extras through the hostel was easy- I highly recommend the cooking class!

7.1
31st Aug 2012

The staff was very helpful upon arrival, however when we asked about the bike rental, the directions were not as clear. It was a clean hostel, we were given towels immediately upon request and we enjoyed our stay. It is in the shopping area, just a short walk/bike ride from the West Lake.

sorry that we didn't make our direction for the bikes clearly. there's a kiosk for public bikes at the square which is between the hostel and the lake park. we offer bike rental with classic chinese bikes now. welcome back.