Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

What can I say... It's just such a good hostel. Great location, best staff ever, nice kitchen, super clean toilets and a perfectly cozy lounge for people to hang out. And they got free wifi... Details in the rooms are very impressive as well - there are two plugs right next to each bed. Definitely very very considerate. Best hostel ever. End of story

• 25th Feb 2013

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

Great location but the rooms are small. And it's not very good for socializing either. Stayed there for one night only tho

• 24th Feb 2013

Base Wanaka

Wanaka, New Zealand

The room was very spacious and clean and I was lucky that I was the only one in the room the other night. However the kitchen was HELL - messy, dirty and a ton of things were broken! Base is really more like a party hostel so if you are in for a quite and nice place to stay, don't go for Base probably...

• 23rd Feb 2013

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow

Wanaka, New Zealand

I love the kitchen the most - very very spacious and clean! Great location - 2mins walk to the beach and the Main Street . However the room is a bit crowded. All in all I like the hostel. It has a very cozy lounge for people to socialize as well

• 22nd Feb 2013

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

This is absolutely the coolest hostel I have ever stayed. It's modified from a real historic prison - I mean, come on, what else can you ask for!?!? Even tho its not very close to town( there s not much to see in town anyways...), its coolness makes it a total winner. The hostel is probably the only thing cool in chch really... Definitely stay if you have a chance!

• 17th Feb 2013

Albatross Backpacker Inn

Kaikoura, New Zealand

I'm quite neutral about this hostel. What I dislike the most is its location - it's not close to town while there are hostels right across from the bus stations and i-site. The kitchen is not very good either - kind of dirty and you basically need to prepare everything yourself if you wanna cook a good meal.

• 14th Feb 2013

The Villa Backpackers Lodge

Picton, New Zealand

Location is good. There are tons of flies in the kitchen. Some of the staff members are new and not that helpful. It's a beautiful hostel with a very pretty garden though.

• 13th Feb 2013

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

I think the best things about this hostel are its character and location. It's sort of party-ish and very very close to Polynesian Spa, the museum and the Government Gardens. Might be a bit noisy during night time cuz the staff played loud music on the first floor till late at night.

Thanks for the review we are stoked you found our building has character. we do like a party but tend to keep the music to a fair level during the late evening sometimes we have a cool crew of people having beers outside. hope you have a great trip thanks for taking the time to leave us a review....