Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

I booked in August for 2 nights at 280THB which turned out to be their promo month. I had no idea, so when I asked to stay for two more days (now sept) the price was upped to 350, and there was only an opening for the first night. Bummer, but they did inform me kindly and promptly. I thought I'd found an awesome little place for cheaper than I'd expect but nah, it's expensive and pre-booked us the ass. But great. So there's that battle. Good luck. PS Breakfast is just coffee/tea and toast

Hotel Zen

Khajuraho, India

They gave us a lot of free tea, fruit because I was sick, and even a free dinner with rum to celebrate "a Hindi festival." From what we could tell there may have been a Hindi festival going on around town but we never actually saw it. We were really suspicious the entire time just waiting for a crazy charge from some "misunderstanding" but pretty sure all they wanted was a good review on Trip Advisor so whatever, worked for us. Good place to stay!

Udai Haveli Guest House

Udaipur, India

Great view from the roof where they have set up a table and some chairs (watch fo bats).The bathroom was spotless. The family that runs the place/ lives there was incredibly kind and helpful (it was the epitome of a "guest house" in my opinion). Easy walking distance from wherever you may wish to go on either side of the lake/river (except KFC on the off chance you want to go there drunk on the 4th of July), and we even had a lovely window seat (cushioned) the length of the room. Wonderful stay.

Travellers Inn

Mumbai, India

If you're looking to stay somewhere clean in Fort within walking distance from all the major attractions, and for a cheap Mumbai price, stay here. The front desk staff/owner are amazingly helpful and there are good cheap restaurants nearby. The room was clean and the breakfast room service menu was cheap, filling and perfectly easy. Great place, and great take one leave one book stack.

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

while this may be a bit on the expensive side for a hostel, if you are a backpacker willing to "splurge" a bit on a great time, this place is for you. AMAZING atmosphere, sweet international staff, and you couldn't ask for a better location. Keep in mind this is Byron and this 'amazing atmosphere' is 20 something year olds all looking to have a good time. there are two spas, a ping pong table and A LOT of seating for a common area both on the couches and tables right outside. and 2 hammocks.

YHA Auckland International