Holyland Guest House

Kathmandu, Nepal

You get what you paid for. The staff members are friendly and the location is excellent. However, cleanliness is another issue. Blankets and sheets were smelly and stained, bathroom/shower were dirty, and the tap/shower water was so brown. Dorm room needs a serious ventilation system. One can pay only a few more rupees and get a much cleaner room nearby.

New Backpackers

Istanbul, Turkey

Very very happy with my stay! I really appreciate how the staff were extremely helpful and flexible. The dorm was clean with great atmosphere. The location is amazing! I would go back there the next time come to Istanbul.

Mojito House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Big and clean beds in a quiet room. Christmas lights around each beds was a nice touch. Pretty close to the center, but still in a quiet area. The staff members could be better, but you can tell they really try their best. A very comfortable place to stay.

Xayana Guesthouse

Luang Prabang, Laos

Very clean and large bed for a dormitory. Warm shower and friendly staff. Must pay for locker and leaving your luggage after checkout. Pretty location, and one of the cheapest places I could find in Luang Prabang.

Chhaya Hotel

Battambang, Cambodia

I guess the price explains the quality. The staff was rude, the room was tiny and stink so bad that it gave me a headache.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

As everyone mentions, Martin, the owner, is extremely helpful and nice. The power plugs in each lockers were wonderful. The beds are very basic (mattress on the floor), but I had no problem sleeping. Very good location.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

There is only one staff member that knows what she is doing, but the rest were rude, oppressive, and even useless. The service changes a lot depending on who you talk to. Bathtub was plugged, and the room had a terrible moldy smell. Oh, and the price went up during my stay. If it wasn't for the attitude of this hotel's staff, I would have left a much better review.

Sapa Hostel

Sapa, Vietnam

The owners were very kind to bring us heater and extra blankets to our room, as it was very cold in Sapa. I heard some rooms were moldy, but my room was pretty decent. Breakfast was definitely a plus!

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff is very helpful. ATM just around the corner. A little bit noisy from street noise, but you can't avoid it in the city. Free breakfast is wonderful, too.

It's a gigantic hostel located in a pretty convenient place of Shanghai. The staff was helpful. You get what you pay for.

Man Cheng Hostel

Qingdao, China

The staff were SO nice and friendly and very helpful with everything I needed to do. They went out their way to help me. The hostel is placed in a very convenient location: close to the station and all busses, and there are many shops and restaurants around.

Guesthouse Momojein

Gyeong-ju, South Korea

A conveniently located hostel. Clean, quiet, and mostly used by locals.

Housetay Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

The location is excellent, and I loved the cozy atmosphere. Free breakfast was also wonderful. It's band new, and everything was clean.

Hi! ^^ Thank you for your time to write a wonderful review for us. It was a real pleasure for us to serve you in our guesthouse! Hope you have safe flight back to the States. Best regard Housetay (Brian)

Seoul Base Camp

Seoul, South Korea

Base Camp has a wonderful atmosphere and extremely helpful and lovely staff. The location is great as well. The only thing was the coldness, but I heard they were installing new heaters just as I left.

Sunpath Mongolia

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

This was an extremely cozy, clean, and friendly hostel, probably the best in UB. Lots of people moved here from other hostels an liked it much better. The only slight minus is that there is only one bathroom, but I heard that will change for the better soon. The owners are very helpful in arranging the tours, and help you in any need you have. It is located in a very convenient part of the city as well.

Urban Central

Melbourne, Australia

It was one of the best hostels that actually cared and had a view point of backpackers. I felt very safe and my things were safely packed away in the lockers within the room (the powerpoint within the lockers were definitely a plus)