Nomads Fat Camel Hostel, Auckland, New Zealand
6.0
11th Jan 2013

The hostel is well located, but needs a deep clean and way more bathrooms. Adding some light bulbs to empty sockets would make life easier too. Friendly staff.

HI Erin, Thank you for taking the time to place feedback on your stay at Nomads Fat Camel. I agree the hostel is old and is awaiting a total renovation from the owners. As it is quieter now in the winter time we are taking the opportunity to deep clean each apartment before the Spring. Some apartments have more bathrooms than others but there are also bathrooms on each landing of the stairwells and I hope reception informed you of this. If not my total apologies. We wish you happy travels

Newton Lodge, Auckland, New Zealand
6.3
7th Jan 2013

The hostel, particularly bathrooms, need a deep clean. Staff are lovely.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Actually we clean the bathroom and other place of the hostel everyday. we all try our best to keep our hostel clean and nice. and people stay with us like our cleanliness.

City Hostel Seattle, Seattle, USA
2nd Jan 2013

Honestly, one of the best hostels I've stayed in - clean, accessible, good beds and facilities. The only thing which let it down was the 50/50 friendly/grumpy staff members.. some were lovely and so helpful and the others not. I highly recommend this hostel.

C&N Central Station Hostel, Vancouver, Canada
6.0
25th Dec 2012

This tired, old building, in a bit of a shady area, has no hostel culture.. there are no shared spaces, the kitchen does not contain any plates, utensils etc, the hostel rules prohibit eating in the kitchen, in bedrooms, and in the internet area (!). Wifi is only available in one small area separate from the hostel rooms. Everything needs a deep clean. If you stay here, use it as a cheap accommodation base with no intention of cooking, hanging out etc.

Global Village Kensington, Toronto, Canada
4.6
19th Sep 2012

The hostel is not clean, rooms are messy, one other guest described it as a slum as I arrived. Theres no soap in the bathrooms, nor hand towels, there is no nice communal space to hang out & met other people and there are no shared events. Apparently this is the cheapest hostel in Toronto and people live (10+ years) in the shared rooms-trying to find space to put a suitcase was literally a challenge. The positive aspect of the hostel is its location, within the eclectic Kensington market.

4.0
13th Sep 2012

For complicated reasons I had to cancel my booking at the last minute for the hostel. Per the (hard to find) instructions on their website, I emailed them to let me know. I have not received any acknowledgement of the email - just the charge to my credit card. I dont think I will rebook here in the future.

HI-Toronto, Toronto, Canada
4th Sep 2012

Comfortable hostel in good location. Directions from the downtown bus could be improved.