Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is one of the best around! That's why I keep coming back. Awesome location, friendly staff, excellent facilities and a social atmosphere for meeting other travellers. I will always stay at Jetpak, whenever I come back to Berlin.

• 21st Aug 2013

Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

Despite being super central to everything in the city, this place is such a nice escape from the busy capital. A really relaxed feel, great for solo travellers to socialise over a beer or some Raki! The staff Lira and Martin are friendly and helpful, with plenty of information to share. The place is very easy to find with the directions. Good breakfast and cheap beer! I would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Aug 2013

Lake Ohrid Hostel

Pogradec, Albania

This place is a paradise for backpackers! Great location close to the main restaurant and bar area on the lake, and an easy walk from the bus drop off. The pool area is great for relaxing, enjoying the sunshine and socialising with fellow travellers. Laura and Claas really go out of their way to make their guests feel at home. On one of the nights, Laura was kind enough to take a group of guests out to one of the local restaurants and then to a couple of bars. I will be back!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Zorbas Hotel

Athens, Greece

Great place to stay in an amazing city. Very easy to find, and an easy walk or metro ride to all the sites. This place has a cool little bar downstairs where solo travellers can mix with fellow backpackers! Cheap beer, and comfy beds. What more could you ask for? Maybe a guided tour of the city? Check. A great day out with George, who goes above and beyond to answer any questions you might have. I would certainly stay here again!

• 1st Aug 2013

Atillas Getaway

Selcuk, Turkey

Great place to chill out after a long day exploring the ancient city of Ephesus! This is like a backpacker paradise. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff are friendly and super helpful, the breakfasts and dinners are delicious, and the pool is great. Great for solo travellers looking to socialise. Stay here!

• 18th Jul 2013

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

I would warn single females against staying at this place. The staff have no qualms about being inappropriate towards their female guests. When I arrived I was told about tours to the white terrace etc, then told that the hotel staff invite people to the top of the hill to see the sunset. It turned out that I was the only one invited on this "tour" which actually a date. The inappropriate behaviour followed. I also spoke to a girl who had a similar experience with the same staff member.

• 16th Jul 2013

Saban Pension

Olympos, Turkey

Super friendly staff, amazing atmosphere, great for a relaxing beach break, and very good for meeting fellow travellers. The food is outstanding. With buffet style dinner and breakfast included, this place is such good value for money.

• 1st Jul 2013

Sabah Pansiyon

Antalya, Turkey

• 28th Jun 2013

Backpackers St. Pauli

Hamburg, Germany

• 26th Jun 2013

Berlin, Germany

I love this place! That's why I keep coming back (3 x). Great social atmosphere, friendly staff, cheap beer and clean rooms!

• 2nd Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Just your stock standard big hostel. Nothing wrong with the place, but it really had no character, and was not conducive to meeting new people if you we're travelling solo. For the price, I found it ridiculous to have to pay for bed linen, and wifi. I wouldn't stay here again.

• 1st Jun 2013

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

A really nice, homely little hostel. I'd stay here again if I went back to Dresden.

• 28th May 2013

Berlin, Germany

Is there any other Hostel in Berlin? I love this place. The staff are super friendly and go above and beyond to help their guests. The facilities are great with plenty if bathrooms per bed, tasty brekky (real coffee!), good wifi in the entire place and a great common room for hanging out with fellow travellers over a 1€ beer. As soon as you walk through to door, you know you're in for a great time, with a good balance of partying and chilling out. Stay here. Trust me.

• 18th May 2013

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, kind staff and a social atmosphere. This place seems to attract the right kind of travellers.

• 19th Apr 2013

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Amazing hostel! This place manages to have it all. Cleanliness, security, amazing facilities and character. Great place to meet solo travellers, excellent walking tour led by the charming and quick-witted Lena. I would seriously recommend this place to anyone staying in Stockholm, and I will most definitely be back to experience the city in the warmer months.

• 3rd Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Oh, I am blushing here, thank you so much for those kind words! I can't wait to have you back. You really should see Stockholm in May or June - it is breathtakingly beautiful and stays light all night. By then I will have my guided bike tour going, so I can show you more of the city. Until then I wish you the merriest of Christmases and a bloody awesome New Year! Cheers, the charming and quick-witted Lena

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

This is your stock standard big chain hostel. Good facilities but not much character. Basically just a bed to sleep in, don't expect any more.

• 1st Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi Jessie Thanks for your comments! Please, next time, enjoy our happy hour, free walking tour, pub crawls, dinners parties, pool table and so on.... We will be happy to show to have a great time Kind regards, Hostel Copenhagen Downtown

• 9th Nov 2012

• 4th Nov 2012

• 30th Oct 2012

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

In my mind, I will relive my time in Budapest over and over again. Carpe Noctem Vitae - the hostel itself, he staff and the guests are a huge part of the reason this was such a memorable (

• 23rd Oct 2012

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

What a gorgeous little hostel, right near the beach so it's a great place to chill out. Although its not in the centre, Split is pretty small and its an easy walk to the old town. We were treated with generosity and kindness at this place. I arrived at about 9am, exhausted after a week of sailing (and drinking), Ladybird let me check in immediately, and offered me a coffee. This place is an absolute gem, and if you're after a relaxing break it's perfect!

• 20th Oct 2012

Brno, Czech Republic

• 3rd Oct 2012

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Hard boiled eggs for brekky! This hostel seems to attract the right type of people. Good facilities for the most part, could probably use an additional bathroom, but other than that this is a great hostel and I would stay here again with no hesitation.

• 29th Sep 2012

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hostel above an Irish pub in the red light district. No complaints about this place. Clean and safe, good brekky, easy walk to anywhere in Amsterdam.

• 23rd Sep 2012