Reviews: mnschwarz

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 28

My dorm was very spacious & had its own bathroom. The bar has great priced drinks & the pool table / piano in the common room make for a great night. It's a little bit out of the centre of Boston but with the regular shuttle service to the nearest metro station, it is very easy to get around. Staff are friendly and happy to help with any needs. Chris especially looked after us and was always offering that bit extra like a change of sheets for extending our stay etc. Will definitely be back!

Puerta Vieja Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Breakfast is amazing and the hammocks in the back yard are great for an afternoon siesta. They usually have a fire going each night in the backyard also that you can sit around, enjoy a few drinks from the bar and socialise. The only drawbacks are the lack of laundry facilities (but there's plenty just around the corner) and no common computers to use (although there is good WiFI).

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Breakfast was good, staff were mostly helpful. The security was a bit lacking though. Front door to the hostel can easily be left open and was on several occasions. And the first room I was in also didn't lock. In a good area close to the Zocalo and metro lines.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Great hostel in a great location. Regular activities organised and a decent breakfast. Staff were always cheerful and up for a chat. Only problem we had was our dorm shower wouldn't drain properly so showers had to be quick and we would have to wait a while for the next person. Will definitely stay again.

oh yuk! we don't want our guests standing in shower water! we'll look up your room number and get that drain fixed pronto...you'd be surprised some of the stuff we find in the drains - maybe we'll get lucky again and find another watch! thanks for the compliments and we're glad you want to stay with us again. happy travels!

Q4 Hotel

New York, USA

Great hostel located right next to two different subway stations making it really easy to get wherever I had to go quickly. I moved here from a more expensive hostel for the cheaper price and was very happy. The surrounding area isn't anything flash and there is a train line right outside that might bother some. Only issue I had was that it cost $5 to store my luggage after checking out, & then found other guests were allowed to store them downstairs for free. Would've be nice to know first....

Great hostel. Nice and clean, has everything you need. Not too close to downtown but only a block from a subway station. The daily activities they organise are great for socialising especially as a solo traveller. My only gripe is that it's the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in. I ended up moving to a similar one for half the price but I'd still definitely recommend HI!

Peace & Love Hostel

Paris, France

Fun bar and close to metro stations. Staff are great also but the staircase to the rooms is horrible! I stayed on the top floor and had to carry my rather heavy bag up the stairs about 7 stories. They also only have one key for each room which can be a pain. A few times I would walk up to my room just to find I had passed a fellow roomie who had the key and had to go back downstairs to get the key before returning to get in to my room. Personally wouldn't stay again just because of the stairs!

I only stayed the one night. But the location was really good, staff really friendly and the drinks/food in the pub was a decent price. The rooms were quite small and rather cramped and the triple bunks weren't overly flash. Downstairs, the pub was handy to have but was pretty quiet and although it said 24 hours, they stopped serving drinks at midnight. This place is a decent price and was ok to stay at if you are happy staying in small spaces.

Babushka House

St Petersburg, Russia

Awesome place to be with very friendly staff. Travelled all the way from Australia and was very pleased to have a nice place to stay. Had a great time with the staff and other guests at their 2nd birthday party!!! Will definitely be back to see my Russian wife next time I'm in SPb! haha.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Without a doubt the best Hostel I've stayed at! I booked here after I stayed at the Reggae Mansion hostel in Penang, Malaysia which is also awesome. This one tops it slightly though and the rooftop bar is epic. I'll definitely be back!

Backpackers@SG

Singapore, Singapore

A little far out of the city but very close to a metro so everything is easily accessible. The rooms were decent for the price. Enough room for your gear and to get around. There is a bit of a common area but nothing to rave about. Staff were a great help and very friendly. Hostels in Singapore tend to be a bit pricey so this was great value if you are after something basic for your stay. Would happily stay here again.