Reviews: britthowes8828

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

Overall I was really quite happy with my stay. Unfortunately, on my last day, someone in the room got up about 6am, I assume after drinking heavily, and urinated in the room on a chair. While this is entirely not the hostel's fault, it would have been greatly appreciated to have had this attended to once we notified the front desk. I know that this isn't in the job description, but sometimes things just have to be dealt with -- we were left with a puddle of urine for the entire morning.

• 11th Apr 2014

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

• 8th Apr 2014

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

• 5th Apr 2014

Loved it. The pizzeria had incredible food and was incredibly affordable (~4-5 Euro for a pizza, 3 Euro for a half litre of wine), the room was quiet, secure, and clean. The shower had seen better days, with the door falling off a bit and the shower tap coming off easily. The sink faucet made an awful noise, as well. Overall, though, I'd certainly stay here again and it's a real step up from hostelling! Oh and the included breakfast was incredible!!!

• 1st Nov 2013

Emerald Fields

Florence, Italy

Clean, informative staff, met great people, really enjoyed it. Would stay here again. There was a key to the floor but not each room and we did have a random come into our room and try to get into our locker in the night (it was halloween: drunk, maybe?). On that note, they do have free lockers, so just make sure you bring a lock and you'll be fine. Ours was locked so they left. Highly recommend this place.

• 29th Oct 2013

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

We arrived late and left very early but everything was fine. A bit annoying they don't include linens, though!

• 26th Oct 2013

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Liked it. Really clean, great kitchen facilities, plenty of seating, a few TVs for the evening, never really waited for the bathroom. Would stay again.

• 11th Aug 2013

Hayesthorpe Hotel

Nice place! On a quiet road but walking distance from the train station. Really good Indian food by the train station, highly recommend it. Missed a bath tub, and the cleaners forgot a small bag of garbage in our room and missed filling up the soap in the washroom, but everything else was good. Clean and quiet. Really all I ask for in a hotel. The TV with an assortment of channels was nice, too. I'd go back. =)

• 27th Oct 2012

Very disappointed. The website promises things like free lockers, but the only ones available to us were pay lockers in the basement and considering the key cards worked for any room in the entire place, I didn't feel my things were particularly safe in my room. The bathrooms were hideous; you're lucky to find a toilet with a seat. Floors flooded, showers cold. Wi-fi only in the loud, crowded bar, and even then it is inconsistent. I lived in a tent for the entire summer and preferred that!

• 13th Oct 2012