Location Singapore, Gender Female, Age 34

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
23rd Nov 2013

I found the printed suggestions to various sights very helpful. Good that the hostel has many signs emphasizing the need to be quiet and considerate to other guests. =) If possible, do consider changing the metal lockers, the clanging noise caused by opening and closing the lockers were disturbing especially when people got in late or were packing early in the mornings. Oh and perhaps a reminder to the gentlemen guests to wear pants over their undies when walking about the corridors. lol!

Kyoto Hana Hostel, Kyoto, Japan
21st Nov 2013

I love the location of the hostel, so easy to get to from Kyoto station. Sleeping on futons on tatami mats was a new experience for me and I discovered that I prefer western mattresses after all! Good experience though and I love the quiet surroundings and helpful tips on the walls in front of the reception. The common dinning room was a bit small but well equipped.

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased to hear that you have new good experience, staying with us. As for the Japanese-style sleeping, we put a mattress first on the tatami floor and then a futon & pillow on the mattress. We will update the tourist information in the city, so next time when you will visit us, you will be able to find new information in our hostel. Arigatou-gozaimasita! (Thank you!)

19th Nov 2013

My first time in a Japanese townhouse(?) and I was startled by how small and narrow the corridors are. The wooden floors creaked as I walked on it, and I felt a bit like a bear in a china shop (I am very tall). lol. I was also not used to how hard the beds were. It is a very charming place though, with wooden sliding doors, a nice little shower room with really hot water (great in winter) and a small spot near the kitchen to sit and chat near a fire heater. Great experience really!

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
5th Sep 2012

Thank you for the lovely time!