HI-Vancouver Central

Vancouver, Canada

Not even a stove to cook on! From one of the best hostel chains in the world, this is a pretty poor show. The staff didn't seem to care that I wanted to check in, even though I just dragged in a really heavy bag out of the rain. And they didn't really care that I wasn't able to cook my dinner. I've seen bad, dodgy hostels with better facilities and staff attitudes.

• 30th Oct 2014

Southside Lodge

Whistler, Canada

You're not going to find a better hostel in Whistler! Aaron made a great host!

• 20th Sep 2014

• 17th Sep 2014

There is no AC in the building and the top floor is like a sauna! They provided a fan upon request, but did little to cool the room.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Overall, one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in. Two downsides, there are a lot of negative signs ("No this/that", etc...) and some weird rules too, also the rooms are quite cramped. But these are outnumbered by many upsides. Friendly and helpful staff, the whole house is very clean, excellent facilities with a beautiful rooftop area. I was travelling alone and it was very easy to make friends and find people to hang out with. I would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Sep 2012

HI - Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

I had trouble getting my card to work when booking in and Zach was incredibly patient and helpful. The hostel is in the most amazing location and the staff have many helpful suggestions. I wish the common areas were more social though. I was travelling by myself and it was difficult to meet people.