Reviews: MadMonk

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Green House Hostel Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

Really good place, friendly staff, good location for transport, shopping, clubbing. Not very sociable if you're in the double bedrooms, it's more like a hotel and you're actually situated in a different building from the reception and dorm area, but really nice and private. Like a little hotel room. Recommended!

A great place to stay in Naha. The owner, Imai-san, is a top chap and showed us to a couple of great restaurants in Naha. The place is right by the ferry terminal and only a 15 min walk to the main street. The staff were very helpful with information on getting around and what to see. Dormitories are aircondotioned at night to allow for a good rest. I'd stay here again.

Khaosan Fukuoka Annex

Fukuoka City, Japan

Really great, helpful staff. Small common room, but nice. Attached bar had a good happy hour deal and good value food but I didn't get a chance to sample it. The room (twin share) was nice and clean with a good shower. WIFI worked well.

Homey Hostel Downtown

Taipei, Taiwan

Great place! Super helpful and friendly staff. Cool decor but the place was slightly devoid of guests when I was there. Close to Taipei station and Shilin markets. Very cheap for a taxi to the party areas if you want that.

Very nice place to stay. The staff were great, as is usual in Japan. The 3 person tatami mat room was a touch difficult to navigate when there were others sleeping, but it was nice and clean. It was a touch hard to find so make sure you know where it is before you head there.

Clink78

I only checked in briefly after getting the last train from Paris and waiting for a flight the next morning. It seems like a nice rowdy place with the bar downstairs if you're up for that. Very easy to find from Kings Cross Station.

Good location being near to Sacre Cour which is a great place to go for an evening drink on the steps and view the city as the sun sets. A bit of a trek to the main tourist attractions though. Not too cheap but seems similar to other hostels in Paris. I'd stay here again if /when I head back.

Saint James Backpackers

A good place to stay. Easy to find from the train station. Nice and warm when it was zero degrees celsius outside. The girl at front desk was incredibly nice and helpful. I was only there for one night and the neighbourhood seemed nice, albeit not overly exciting. Wifi was good. I would stay again!

Mt Hakuba Backpackers

Nagano (Hakuba), Japan

Great place to stay, although you'll need to bus to the mountains. Staff were great and helped me sort out gear hire and a lesson really quickly. Great bar with good meals although it does mean that you can't drink your own stuff in the common areas. Echoland is a really nice, quaint place to stay. I would stay again.

What an awesome place! I only got in for one night because it was full earlier in my stay in Tokyo. The beds are nice, big and comfortable, bathrooms great and there is a lift if you have big bags. The bar is the best decorated I've seen in Japan hostels and the rest all included, and the drinks are a fair price, making it a great place to hang and meet people. Staff also very cool and helpful!

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Cool place with lots of individualistic touches. Kind of hard getting in and out of a top bunk (in one of the big dorms) but the sliding door on each bunk gives really good security for your stuff while you're out. Easy 15min walk to Akihabara. Cool common room, great staff. Recommended!

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your rating and feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep doing our best for our customer satisfaction. We are looking forward to seeing you next time. Thank you very much again.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The building is not very flash and the toilets on 3rd floor smell very odd (first floor is fine), but most of the staff are really nice and friendly, you get a private, lockable room, solid wifi, and and the common room is a great place to chill out and meet people. The area is kind of poor but I never felt unsafe and it has kind of a cool character to it. Don't expect to get way more than you pay for and you'll be fine

Outstanding

Thank you Phillip! We are so happy to have a great customer like you. please come around when you have time:)

A fantastic place to stay! I had an awesome time. The social activities are great, especially the International Exchange party and Izakaya outing with the legendary Mr Yano. The general mood in the place is just really friendly and fun. It's modern, clean, well insulated, has nice beds, and the staff are all super-friendly, incredibly helpful and speak good English. A cool little area and easy to get to the more bustling parts of Osaka using the trains. I will definitely return! :)

We were so happy that we accommodated such a great customer like you! We are always more than happy for you to stop by or hang ot with us here. Hope to see you at our parties!