• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Oct 2014

Staff was super sweet and helpful. Security was great, especially appreciated the locked/well-supervised baggage room. One complaint I have was that when I booked a room - a 6-bed female dorm - I was actually put into an 8 bed dorm. This happened twice on two separate occasions I stayed at the hostel. I would recommend updating the hostel's information on hostelworld. Thank you.

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
15th Nov 2013

Decent hostel. I appreciated that the staff let me check-in early (their policy states check-in at 4pm but they allowed me to come in at 8am). There is a subway line right outside the hostel that takes you straight to Downtown Manhattan.

11th Nov 2013

How can there not be any ladders up to the top bucks???? I nearly broke my neck/stepped on the person's face below me every time I tried to get up and down. Please also install wifi! It's 2013 people! I did appreciate the locker access, and spacious lounge, and the very clean and large bathrooms. Also the neighbourhood was very secure and quiet at night. Thank you very much for the stay, if there had been ladders and wifi this would have been a perfect stay!

Auberge de la Paix Québec, Quebec, Canada
6.9
5th Aug 2013

This is more of a hostelworld thing - when I received my confirmation email from your website, I was told to bring "$300 on arrival" to pay for the room. When I arrived, I was charged $350, because of taxes. I didn't have the extra $50 cash on me and it was a big hoopla that I wasn't expected. It would be great if you please update your confirmation emails to say something like *Note - taxes not included* so that people do not make the mistake of assuming that they are already included.

Planet Traveler Hostel, Toronto, Canada
1st Jun 2013

Very decent hostel! Would have been good if each bunk had own light/plugs. Mattresses were VERY squeaky which was a slight annoyance at night.

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
11th Oct 2012

Friendly staff, great common room. Would have liked to have separate bathroom facilities for men and women, as well as a toilet in the rooms themselves and not just a shower. The Rila monastery trip they organized was good, and the pub crawls great. :)

Blue Danube Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
9th Oct 2012

Best hostel experience I've ever had. Sandor was an amazing host - picked us up from the train station for free, explained everything we could have wanted to know about budapest, had an open-door for further questions (gave us tea and introduced us to his kids, so nice!)... the room was amazing. More like an apartment than anything else, with our own huge kitchen, bathroom, etc. Everything was clean and safe. He should be charging 10x what he is!!! Could not recommend this hostel more.

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
5th Oct 2012

Arrive during the day!! They advertise 24 hour reception however when we arrived at 0130 we found a note on the door saying "please call so and so number to be let in". We didn't have a phone with us and it was such a stress to find a way to be let in. Sooo not what we wanted to deal with after a long travel day! That being said, friendly staff, good rooms (albeit a bit noisy from the street below), could use more shelves in the bathrooms as the one that we had was always waterlogged.