Reviews: CarolChaves

Location: Brazil, Gender: Female, Age: 27

CityLights Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

City Lights is a really charming hostel. I was already in love with the pictures, and arriving there was not disappointed at all! The bar and common areas are so pleasing. The room was comfortable, with individual lights and plugs, which I find indispensable. The showers are delightful! Really hot with much water, very helpful for the cold weekend. The staff is quite a attentive, special thanks to Rafael and his valuable tips. Highly recommended hostel, hope to come back for more than a weekend!

Freedom Hostel - MG

Ouro Preto, Brazil

Really kind and attentive staff, always worried if we were ok and willing to share a cup of coffee. They have an outside area with a table, where breakfast was served, and the kitchen is really cute. Everything was nice and clean, although the bedroom seemed a little smaller and simpler to me than they look in the pictures, and I didn't see a bar at all, maybe for my fault, cause I stayed only for a night.

Not only do we have a fun bar now but we also give all our guest a FREE welcome cachaça!.....also, Ouro Preto is a partying university town so we give tips on and when the frat university houses are giving parties!!!

Samba Palace

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good hostel, with excellent staff. They provided us not only maps of the city, but also lots of tips of what was going on during those days. The neighborhood, although, didn't seem very well located to me. It's nice and beautiful, but was not that easy to take buses to everywhere. The hostel has a good common area and kitchen, but the private room I stayed was too small, although it has an air conditioned, wich was excellent, because the window was in front of the hallway and couldn't stay open.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important for us to continually improving our service and making it even a better hostel :)

Damajuana Hostel

Mendoza, Argentina

Very nice hostel, with very kind staff. The room and the bathroom were really clean, and the location is definitely great, in a street with lots of bars and restaurants, really enjoyable. Just a short walk to important parts of the city, like the center or the park. The night we stayed they offered a barbacue all-you-can-eat for really good price. The tours they offer, although, seemed a little expensive to me. Too bad I only stayed a night, cause I recommend and would be back again.

• 4th Oct 2013

Andes Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Pleasant hostel, in a lovely area of Santiago, near of bars and a few blocks of the Plaza de Armas. The room was beautiful, with a little veranda, but it really bothers me that the internet can only be used in the common area. The place is really beautiful, with great kitchen, common area and breakfast. The worst thing by far is that it gets more expensive if you don't pay your stay in Dollars! We payed in Chilean Pesos and they charged us more for it. The activities offered at night are a plus

• 4th Oct 2013

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A really party hostel! The atmosphere at Milhouse is really the best thing. The staff is amazing and always helpfull. Really enjoyed the room, with big lockers. Tha place is really beautiful, the commom area and the bar are great. The location is also wonderful, really central, very close to the Obelisco and Calle Florida. As the negative things, I can only mention that you can't enter with your own liquor and there's no internet in the rooms. Would definitely return to enjoy more the parties.

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. For sure! Staff was great, the bathrooms were clean even during the night and dawn, the location couldn't be better. The commom area was the best! Great bar with good prices, wonderful to make new friends! You have to spend time there before going to the night on Lapa. For sure I'll stay there again, and I'm already missing everything and everybody and my vacations there...

• 10th Jan 2013

La Casa Amarilla

Mompos, Colombia

Great hostel! Not to party, but to relax. But I think that's what Mompós is about. All clean, good rooms, beautiful bucolic house. And Richard is a great guy! Also, we think it was very very cheap. I defitenely recommend La casa Amarilla, and will stay there if someday I go back to beautiful Mompós.

La Masia Summer Hostel

Taganga, Colombia

La Masia is a beautiful hostel, mainly because of its commom area. There's nothing better than their pool at hot Taganga! The bar was also great, so as the staff, which were pleasant people. The price wasn't that cheap, but it was ok. Good rooms, with bathrooms. but they also have bathrooms outside, for the pool. At last, a great stay, I recommend.

Makako Chill Out Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

I enjoyed Makako Hostel. It's inside the old town, the Ciudad Amurallada, which is great. The common area is nice, with a big living room, balcony, kitchen. Rooms were fine, air conditioning alowed only during the night, witch was not that good, 'cause it's really hot in Cartagena during december. Staff were ok, but we kind of felt they were trying to sell us tour packages with personal interest... It really is a great hostel, but I can't assure it was the best!

Tip Top Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

I only stayed in Tip Top for a night, and it was Christimas Eve, so I can't tell much about it! The family that rules it is really nice and kind people. The room was just fine. It was really cold in Bogota that night, and the shower was cold... Not good. It seems to have a good common area, with a big living room, but the hostel was completely empty that night, so we couldn't really use it. I think, after all, that it was just ok.

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

Me and my friend loved New York Budget Inn! The location is splendid, you can walk everywhere and subway is 3 blocks close. Everything very clean and new, there're lots of restrooms, you never get to wait in line. It'd just be nicer to have a larger common room. But the plus is defetenely the extremely kind staff! They let us take showers before check in and after check out, carried our bags through the floors. Special thanks to Daniel and Christopher, we loved you guys! Can't wait to go back!

New York Budget Inn