Reviews: ckurtz2004

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Yangshuo Outside Inn

Yangshuo, China

Easily one of the best hostels I have every stayed at. The staff is super friendly and accommodating, and very helpful with any and all questions or requests. It is located bit outside of the city which is amazing for a good night sleep, and it only costs around 40 kuai to get back into the city if you so choose. I recommend this place to everyone! Can't wait to go back!

Pandora after 80s

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Pretty decent hostel. Some silly quirks about the place but nothing that cant be overcome with a smile and persistence. Make sure when you check in you go to floor 9, not 11 as on their directions.

Rest Inn Dormitory

Bangkok, Thailand

Really enjoyed my stay at The Rest Inn! Very friendly staff that was always willing to help us out with anything we needed. It is a great location being just far enough from the busy streets that you feel relaxed and away from the noise. The beds were comfortable and have individual reading lights with curtains in the dorm, so you don't disturb your neighbors and they don't disturb you. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone comfortable with dormitory rooms.

Slumber Party Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

So we actually did not stay at this hostel due to overbooking and a computer glitch, but the staff was great and helped us to find another hostel. Also run great tours and events that help with meeting people and general fun! I would definitely recommend them whether it is to stay or tours.

Charung

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Khaosan Baan Thai

Bangkok, Thailand

Loved this hostel! Ver sweet and attentive staff, and the included breakfast was a great surprise!

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is the best hostel I think I have ever stayed at. The price was very reasonable, there is a simple breakfast included, the rooms and bathroom are clean. The staff is super friendly and want to be helpful. A lot of character as well I will definitely be staying here again, without a doubt. It actually feels like youre going "home" at the end of the day. Plus it is right next to the central market, china town, rail system, and bus stops. Really really great!

Kinabalu Mountain Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This hostel is incredible as long as you understand what you are getting. The view from the hostel is outstanding, and it is settled at the base of Mt. Kinabalu. Absolutely breathtaking. Things to consider: no wifi, which I LOVED. It was nice not to be connected :) They stop serving food at 6, so if you are arriving late make sure you get food beforehand. The walk off the road is more than 1 kilo, and it is hilly, it is a nice walk but be prepared to work a little bit.

Borneo BeacHouse (Backpackers)

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

The staff makes this hostel run. Very friendly and helpful Upstairs bathroom is a bit gross, but if your a flexible traveler its not TOO big of a worry, the downstairs ones are fine. Very close proximity to the beach(5 min walk), and the city center is accessible by bus. I would recommend for people to stay here, but only if you are a flexible traveler looking for a place to lay your head. Good people, good fun, but certainly not the ritz.

Charoendee

Bangkok, Thailand

Very neat hostel, almost has a victorian feel to it. The front desk staff was great. I really enjoyed here,and sad we could only stay one night. Only complaint was the lack of piping beneath the sink, so everything you wash or spit(such as toothpaste) just falls onto your feet. But hopefully this was just a repair. I would definitely stay here again though!

Rich Resort Beachside Hotel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Great hostel! My favorite place we stayed in all of Thailand! So clean, and a great value for the price! The staff was helpful and sweet, and the Swing Bar right across the street was wonderful! Got to chit chat with the owner for a bit, very down to earth and great guy! I will definitely recommending this hostel to others, and probably staying again myself!

Nomads Coral Grand Koh Tao

Koh Tao, Thailand

I only stayed here because a lot of others places were booked up. It is a nice little resort but for the financially concerned traveler it is WAY too much to pay for a dormitory. The curtain over my friends bed fell down as soon as she pulled on it and the showers were average. The front desk staff was very hit or miss whether they would want to help us with things. Nice place if you want to spend the money on a private room, but as a financially driven traveler, this just was not it for me.

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

This was a backpackers hostel, which was nice. A bit dirty, the beds are kind of plasticy, and the bathrooms leave something to be desired. However for the price and location on the island, it was quite nice.

Glur Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Glur was incredible! What stands out most is the staff. They were incredibly helpful and completely spoiled us as far as setting up trips, getting discounts, and just having all around know how. It was a tad more than I would have liked to pay for a dorm, but I can validate it. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

Phutawan Bamboo Resort

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Great place and the lady running it new exactly where to tell us to go and linked is with a great and affordable tour. A little more direction in finding the place would be great, put on the website that someone will meet you on the dock.

Lub Sbuy Guest House

Phuket, Thailand

Great place to stay and helpful staff. Except I think we were dooped into taking an overly expensive taxi. Won't tell you how much we paid cause its embarrassing.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Probably the all around best place we stayed in Thailand. Very modern and secure, great staff, and great for meeting people!

Tai Derm Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Decent place, try to minimize a drilling or generator sound outside the window

Climbers Inn

Yangshuo, China

I really enjoyed meeting ther climbers from around the world and having the chance to plan trips together with them. The owner is a great lady and she was extremely helpful with getting to climbs and information about the city. My only complaint is that the hostel is located very near a nightclub, and it makes sleep super difficult until the the early hours of the morning. But if you are a young climber who is still enjoying the night atmosphere, this is a good place for you.

The Cosy Garden

Yangshuo, China

Wish i could have stayed more than one night! It was nice to be close to town but away from all the noise. The staff was tremendous at accomadating my needs. Had a bit of trouble with the sewage system while i was there but that will happen anywhere in rural china where people dont read the signs about toilet paper. I would have preferred a softer mattres but again, china. All in all had a great stay and have already recommended it to other travelers! Cheers.