Reviews: stijnvanbrakel

Location: Belgium, Gender: Male, Age: 31

JP Mansion

Krabi, Thailand

This is an ideal location for if you are in search for a basic, clean and cheap hostel. Great price/quality ratio.

• 1st Jul 2014

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Location is close to the bus and train station, but rather far from the centre were it all happens. The staff of the hostel is exceptional good, very helpful, very good English, nice bar, fair food prices. Would recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Oct 2013

The Maze Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

• 29th May 2013

The Palms Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

Things got stolen out of our dorm room - next door is a shelter for homeless people, bathroom was not clean at all - empty shampoo bottles everywhere. But ok, if you want cheap in Sydney, this is what you get.

• 21st May 2013
  • Belgium

The staff is very friendly and helpful, possible to book tours but inform good about the conditions of e.g a nature park you want to visit. It might not be the right season. Rooms are ok, showers better than average. I would recommend this hostel for backpackers.

• 3rd May 2013
  • Belgium

Thanks for your feedback, we hope to have you stay with us again, Best regards,

3 Dorm Rooms are small, bed hurt my back. Showers ok. Was suppose to be there for 3 nights, but left after one night towards another hostel. Staff was friendly and reimbursed me.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very nice hostel, located just outside the backpackers area. Great value for money, will go back there when back in HCMC.

• 17th Apr 2013

Sapa Hostel

Sapa, Vietnam

The hostel/hotel is located in the heart of Sapa. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Rooms are more than ok. In the evening the front gate closes so motorbikes are safe. When in Sapa again, I will go there again without a doubt.

• 26th Mar 2013

Panda Guesthouse

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Guesthouse and rooms looking old and unclean. A good cleaning and painting job could make this actually a nice guesthouse. Location is ok, staff speaks English but seems a bit demotivated. I think you can find cheaper and better guesthouses/hostels in Sihanoukville.

• 10th Feb 2013
  • Belgium

Thank you for your comments i do agree that the cheaper rooms are in need of painting which should have been done before high season but there was not enough time however the rooms are clean.I am sorry that the staff did not do there song and dance for you it must have been an off day. As to price I am sure you did find some where cheaper and I hope it was all you wanted.

Silom Art Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

If you decide to go for a non budget hostel, then the Silom Art Hostel is a perfect choice. Clean rooms, daily new towels, good wifi, friendly staff. Next time i'll come back here for sure.

• 31st Jan 2013

Bangkok Home Stay

Bangkok, Thailand

On arrival they ask you to pay in Dollar instead of local currency, which makes the rooms more expensive than mentioned on hostelworld. The owner uses his own rates, you pay or in dollar or you pay more THB. There are no safes in the dorm, my iPad got stolen. Close to Khao San Road which is the only positive thing about this guesthouse if you are in to party at least. They won't see me there again, ever. You have safer and cheaper hostels in BKK, eg Sawasdee hostel in Ramuttri.

• 28th Dec 2012

Kandy Down Town Hostel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

Very good hostel, clean dorms and a hub where you meet a mot of backpackers. The woman of the house is very friendly. Breakfast is very basic but overall I would recommend this hostel. It's not really located downtown but a firm hike will get you there.

• 9th Dec 2012

Colombo Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

My first hostal in Sri Lanka, was ok enough, you can book a closer one in Negombo which belongs to the same group and closer to the airport.

• 7th Dec 2012

Asterix Hostel

Goa, India

If you go to Goa then this is the hostel you wanna be. Full of travelers, friendly staff, good breakfast, clean dorms with loads of space, good wifi, also in the west wing. A very open atmosphere between the staff and guests. Perfect location close to the beach. This hostel goes into my top 2 list from all the hostels I ever visited. One of the owners told me they are only open for 6 months and still learning everyday. This proves they are very eager to make this the perfect hostel.

• 14th Nov 2012

Puja Guest House

Varanasi, India

This hostel is still in rebuilding fase. Rooms are small, beds are hard and atmosphere is poor. Located close to the Ganges.

• 11th Nov 2012

Vivek Hotel

New Delhi, India

This was the first hostel I visited in India. The rooms are not the ones from the picture, although my room was very clean. Location is in the middle of Main Bazar and ok located from the must see hotspits in Delhi. Watch a bit ou for the people at the reception. When I wanted to prolongue my room for an extra night, one of them wanted to charge me much more. When I wanted to do a new booking via hostelworld, so I could pay the normal price, he asked me to check out.”

• 5th Nov 2012
  • Belgium

When you arrive, you feel that you are in good environment. Rooms are clean, close to Taj and Agra Fort. To Indian norms this a a very good hostel/guesthouse. If you are a low budget traveler I would recommend this one for sure.

• 28th Oct 2012

Vivek Hotel

New Delhi, India

This was the first hostel I visited in India. The rooms are not the ones from the picture, although my room was very clean. Location is in the middle of Main Bazar and ok located from the must see hotspits in Delhi. Watch a bit ou for the people at the reception. When I wanted to prolongue my room for an extra night, one of them wanted to charge me much more. When I wanted to do a new booking via hostelworld, so I cou'd pay the normal price, he asked me to check out.

• 24th Oct 2012

Beijing Leo Courtyard

Beijing, China

Good hostel compared to the price you pay. Very close to subway and the must sees in Delhi.

• 22nd Oct 2012

• 17th Oct 2012
  • Belgium

Good hostel if you are in search for low budget. On arrival they advised me to stay in the hostel inside the National Park and arranged the booking.

• 11th Oct 2012

Monkey Jane's Guesthouse

Yangshuo, China

If you visit Yangshuo come to this hostel. it's the best i'ver been. Here you meet a lot of travelers, nice roof top bar, the atmosphere is amazing and Monkey Jane is awesome. She's good crazy and helps out the best she can. Watch out if you dare her for beerpong. The food at the bar is actually ver good and cheap. Goodtimes.

• 25th Sep 2012

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Looking at the price, this is one of the cheaper guesthouses you can find. The location is perfect, very centralized in Hong Kong so very easy to take the subway and visit the hotspots. The staff is friendly and very helpfull. I used to book for a dorm but had a free upgrade to a private room. Every day the room was cleaned. No negative points to mention for this hostel.

• 23rd Sep 2012

Touran Backpacker Hostel

Hangzhou, China

Location of the hostel is perfect, close to West Lake. If you travel on low budget than this is an ok hostel, altough the 8 dorm is a bit small. Luckely there where never more than 4 travelers in the room. There is only one shower if you use a dorm, i guess single rooms have own shower. Drinks and food are very fair priced. If you like to go for an early sleep, make sure you have eardrops, because the dorm is located close to the bar which is sometimes noisy, for sure when that tv is playing :)

• 20th Sep 2012

Touran Backpacker Hostel

Hangzhou, China

Ideal hostel if you are on low budget, perfect location. If you arrive with train, try to arrive in Hangzhou station and not in HangzhouNan

• 18th Sep 2012

exactly!

Would recommend this hostel if you are on tight budget.

• 14th Sep 2012

Shaolin Traveler Hostel

Dengfeng Shaolin Temple, China

I do believe in the good intentions of the person reception butThis hostel has no character or atmosphere. There is no bar and no possibility to eat at the hostel. The host speaks average English but was gone for 1,5 days and replaced by a non English speaking girl. Didn't saw any travelers arriving during my stay, only at the last day. This is a hostel you might want to consider if you are a low budget traveler, but you have better options closer to e.g. The Shaolin temple.

• 11th Sep 2012
  • Belgium

I'm sorry to hear you that you are not very satisfied with our hostel, It was a coincidence when I was leaving for my personal business during the time you stay, I'm really sorry that we didn't provide our best services to you because of our absence of staffs. Please understand our works, thank you very much!

If you are a budget traveler and looking for a hostel where a lot a backpackers come and go, this is the right choice. Drinks in the bar are not cheap but they don't mind if you bring your own drinks from the shop it seems. I had an extremely bad bed (i was sleeping in a curl ) from which my ne after two days still hurts. Guess it was bad luck for me. The 8 person dorms are big enough and you have a rain shower. It was the best shower I had in days.

• 9th Sep 2012