Luna's Castle Hostel

Panama City, Panama

No hot water. But fun spot, especially when the bar downstairs is open.

Wifi didn't work in the dorm rooms, only in the lounge and patio. Both of these closed at 10pm and you were strongly encouraged to either go to your room or go on the pub crawl. If you didn't go on the pub crawl, there was no where to hang out and socialize.

The lockers are under the bed, but lifting the mattress will reveal all the contents of the locker. Not safe at all. I asked to have my iphone, charger, and adapter put in storage while on the Castaways tour to Halong Bay. They lost the adapter. Other than that, the hostel was great for meeting people and going on pub crawls. The Castaways tour was an awesome 2-3 day party. The 'guides' have a tough line to walk between encouraging the party, and going too far... Ours went too far on occasion.

Backpackers House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm on the 3rd floor. The wifi signal didn't reach our room. There was 1 plug for the entire room, so only 1 person was able to charge their phone/camera/etc. The staff at the desk speak English, but have attitude problems. I found them disgruntled and unwelcoming. The lockers are under the beds, but the mattress and plywood are easily lifted up to reveal the locker. I didn't consider my belongings secure. I will stay nearby in a hotel for a couple dollars more next time.

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Had a great couple nights here. Arrived in the middle of the night from airport, no drama. Staff were friendly and someone always spoke English. Breakfast was very social, and the common area was great. I will probably stay here again when I'm back in Saigon at the end of my trip.