St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

If there's no eating in the lounge, please post a sign. I was rudely lectured by a tall guy with facial hair. I bought outside food&ate it in the lounge instead of the bar because it's deemed rude to eat your food in another establishment. I was thirsty&as I had already paid for breakfast from the bar, I went down to get a drink.That's when the guy rudely told me I can't bring my drink up. I didn't mind that he said I can't take the drink up, I didn't like that he was mean about it.

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

Doors were unlocked, anyone could have come into the bathroom! That's not safe! The location is okay but the building is horrible. I knew there were stairs but had I known you were really on the 5th or 6th floor (based on the number of steps/stairs) I would have paid a little more and stayed elsewhere. Hours of reception isn't good. The only good thing were the people working the reception desk. Linen should be free! Sleeping bag brings BED BUGS!

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Loved the location. HATED that there were COUPLE beds in the room. Not ONE but several! 6 couple beds! That was so awkward as I was a solo traveler. Hated that wifi didn't work in the basement room.

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Although I stayed only one night, I loved that the room and the bathroom for the 6 female dorm were very clean. The room was big too! It felt more like a hotel then a hostel, which is a good thing! It's one of the top three hostels I've stayed at in Europe.

The one in Barcelona is better. The chill out lounge wasn't a lounge. To put your bags in a locker you had to take the stairs to the basement. The area before the hostel is seedy. I saw a man harassing a girl. I won't stay here again.

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

I love the lay out and the security cards. I felt very safe.

I'm pretty sure I saw a homeless man sleeping on a chair. I think the smoking room should be made more known. I didn't find out about it until my last day. I don't smoke but it would have been nice to know about it.

Jalan-Jalan Besi

Melaka, Malaysia

Stylish. CHEAP. Clean. Great place to stay. I wish the bathroom had a rack to put clothes and bath towel. Very nice staff. Safe area too. Perfect location.

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

WOW! This place is amazingly clean! I have a thing about dirty bathrooms.The bathrooms here are super clean AND the shower heads are really nice. I love that the racks in the shower are high,it keeps your clothes dry. The staff is so nice, friendly, helpful and loving (I witnessed it!). Henry is always willing to help. I was sweating profusely when I got to Riverside Inn to check-in. The young girl who helped me went and got me a glass of cold water without a second thought. I was so touched!

Ryokan @ Muntri Street

Penang, Malaysia

I loved my bed, blanket and the place was nice looking and was clean. BUT the bathroom, especially the showers, smelled like urine. On my next stay it no longer smelled. There were kids running around the hallway but no one stopped them until I went out to tell them/him to stop. I think the hostel should emphasis on walking lightly on the floors. It was hard to sleep because it was so loud when people walked past. The bath towels were nice and clean. Breakfast was good except the sausage.

You should arrange more activites at the hostel, not just at the bar+kitchen which are a few blocks away.

Ryokan @ Muntri Street

Penang, Malaysia

Clean, but a little too loud when people walk across the hallway. The bathroom could use more cleaning or a new paint job. Breakfast was good. Front desk people are nice and helpful.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I LOVED this place. Too bad I wasn't there to party. I love that they have a security guard there to let you in and out. It felt so exclusive. I really love the beds. There's so much privacy. It didn't matter whether I was in a 4 mixed or female dorm. You have your own private space. The bathrooms are super clean! I LOVE that! The place itself was very clean and the 7 Wonders Tour was great. Adrian was the best tour guide ever! Location is great too.

Modorine Hostel

Gyeong-ju, South Korea

FANTASTIC!!!! It's the cleanest hostel I've stayed at. It felt like home too! I was able to cook something for the first time ever at a hostel!!! WOW! I also loved that it's a new place. There were people there but they were in and out. I was so happy I was able to use the kitchen. The owner has great taste in selecting things for her house. Her free breakfast is awesome. Fresh baked bread and fresh jam. The Milk Jam is great.

• 3rd May 2013

Great location. Very safe.

Walkers' Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

CheQinn

Bangkok, Thailand

great clean and safe place. love it and would stay again. the hookers and white old men aren't scary at all =)

The best hostel experience ever! perfect location, perfect staff and wonderful people from all over the world! The hostel was super clean, cute and intimate.

I thought this place was really good given that it was the only capsule hotel that would allow women to stay there. The room smelled a little but I think it was because this older lady was sick and stunk up the room. Other than that, the capsule was very clean as the entire hotel. I'm really happy I experienced sleeping in a capsule at least once. =)