Location England, Gender Female, Age 24

Hostel Che Babel, Tulum, Mexico
4.3
5th Aug 2016

This hostel was a total mistake. The wifi literally never works, for two days we didn't have water overnight until 10am the next morning, the AC didn't work for a day, there was only one power outlet in a dorm room with 10 beds, the bathroom floor was always dirty, there were never enough eggs or clean plates at breakfast, the staff gave me consistently terrible travel advice and they also forgot to return my deposit at the end of my stay. To summarise, I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Mezcal Hostel, Cancun, Mexico
31st Jul 2016

Awesome hostel with friendly, fun staff and something going on every night. I always travel alone but still felt like I had a family in Cancún every single night I was there. The rooms and bathrooms were probably the cleanest and most spacious that I've seen in any hostel in Mexico, the showers were great and any small issues we had were fixed really quickly. Breakfast and dinner aren't the best but hey, they're "free"! Would absolutely stay here again.

Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel, Berlin, Germany
6.9
9th Jan 2014

NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand
3rd Nov 2013

Probably the best facilities of any hostel I've ever stayed in, you really can't ask for more. Backpackers flock to the Khao San area so it's easy to meet people, but it's not so close that you're kept up by the noise if you want an early night. The showers are fantastic, there's even a hairdryer and free towels! Also the staff were really helpful in getting me checked out and on my way quickly when I was a couple of hours late for my flight out of Bangkok, so I'm grateful for that.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
6th Nov 2012

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great people, great bar, hot showers and clean rooms, plus the staff are some of the friendliest people you'll meet. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.