Reviews: ethanscapellati

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Very solid hostel! There is nothing to complain about. Very central, super nice staff, pretty much anything you could want in a hostel.

Affittacamere Patrizia

Cinque Terre, Italy

It was perfect for any stay in Riomaggiore/Cinque Terre! The woman who runs it is extremely nice and accomodating and lets you use her wifi whenever you want. The hostel is more like apartments that are scattered throughout the small village of Riomaggiore so they are very central and you really feel like you are "living" there. I would 100% stay here again if/when I come back!

My Friends

Florence, Italy

This might have been the best hostel I ever stayed in. I would call it a "home" more than a hostel. The staff - Nadina, in particular - are wonderful and the nicest people in the world and will give you all the help you need to make your Florence stay perfect. They make a great breakfast, have all the amenities you need, and allow you to do everything and anything you want. Again, it feels like a home! Also, the location is very central and very convenient.

Ostello di Perugia centro

Perugia, Italy

A fantastic choice for your stay in Perugia! Daniel and his wife are amongst the nicest staff I have ever encountered at any hostel or hotel. He even stayed up well past closing time in order to check me in after I was very late getting to the location. It is centrally located, very safe, and an excellent option for anyone. Also, it has a gorgeous lobby with a large porch that has the prettiest view of any hostel I have ever stayed in.

Ca' Venezia

Venice, Italy

Ca' Venezia is an excellent choice for your stay in Venice! Amran is an excellent host, as he is very friendly, very knowledgable about the city (all his recommendations proved to be true, be them about food or what to see, etc.), and very willing to accomodate you in any way that you need. If you are insistent on having wifi, I would check with him before booking or arriving as to whether or not it will be working during your stay. Otherwise, this is a great choice and excellently located!

Pension Edelweiss

Marseille, France

This is a FANTASTIC place to stay! It is not a hostel, but rather, an apartment to rent out for VERY cheap. It is old fashioned with antique furniture and a wonderful, quaint little porch. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is big and the shower is nice, and the staf (David and Bernadette) are EXTREMELY accommodating. We arrived hours later due to logistics problems driving down from Paris and David stayed up until 3:45am to settle us. STAY here, it is very worth it!

Smart Place Paris

Paris, France

Very convenient! Definitely a good place to stay. It is central enough that you are right next to Montmartre and a 40ish minute walk to the center (Notre Dame, etc.) if you didn't want to take the metro. The staff is very nice and very helpful and I would definitely stay here again to get good value for your money!

Het Colettientje

Bruges, Belgium

Maria was an excellent host! The house is wonderful, clean, and perfectly located. She makes an excellent breakfast and gives very helpful advice for the town. You absolutely get what you pay for and I would certainly stay here again should I return to Bruges!

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great option! It is a little pricey but you absolutely get what you pay for: the location, the staff, and the convenience of the bar and smoking room downstairs are all very nice.

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This is the ONLY place you should stay in Prague if you are visiting the city center and the areas immediately around it! It is incredibly well-valued for what you are paying. The staff is extremely helpful and the rooms are very nice. The location is unbeatable, being quite literally a thirty second walk from the city center and a maximum of a twenty minute walk to anywhere else in central Prague you would like to visit.

Minto Guest House

Edinburgh, Scotland

There is NO WHERE else you should stay in Edinburgh than the Minto Guest House. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and will make your stay even better. The location is ideal, a very short and easy bus ride from the city center. The facilities are very, very nice, I felt like I was staying at a nice hotel. The staff called a taxi for me, gave me very specific directions to places, and great recommendations on places to eat. Stay here for sure!

Thank you so much Ethan, your comments are well appreciated..I am really glad you had a good stay. all the best for 2013.

The Backpackshack

This was a great place to stay! Very easy with an extremely nice Scottish woman who heads the staff and will be very accomodating. It is located in Acton Town which is not central London but it is a 5-10 minute walk to the Tube station so very easy, and it is only a few stops away from central London. I would certianly stay here again! It is underneath a very mellow bar with a great billiards table and some drinks.

YHA Oxford

Oxford, England

If you are visiting Oxford, there is NO WHERE else you should stay. It is right next to EVERYTHING (literally a 90 second walk from the train station) and is extremely convenient for your short or long stay. It is worth every penny and the atmosphere is really nice to hang out in when you aren't exploring the area. I will 100% stay here the next time I visit Oxford!

Balham Lodge

The Balham Lodge was extremely nice! The staff is SO helpful (they serve delicious breakfast and let me do my laundry!), and it is a close walk to the Tube station. Very clean, very nice, and absolutely worth every penny. I would certainly choose going here when I come to London again. Balham is not in central London but Balham itself has many good places to eat and is only a few stops away from central London.

Le Montclair Montmartre

Paris, France

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul Hostel was an incredibly convenient choice! The location is unmatched for any touristing of Istanbul. Paco, who runs the hostel, was super helpful, as he answered all my questions and helped book transportation and even a Turksih bath for our group! I would 100% stay here again.

Hotel Varonos

Delphi, Greece

This was truly an excellent hostel. The facilities were VERY clean, the staff was INCREDIBLY nice and helpful (and the breakfast was absolutely delicious), and you are getting a fantastic deal for your money, with free WiFi, a very central location, and helpful amenities. I would absolutely stay at this hostel again if I go back to Delphi!

I couldn't recommend this B&B more!! Claudio was absolutely one of the best hosts I have ever had the pleasure of staying with. Aside from cooking fantastic breakfasts, he was amazing company: great conversations, a great scooter ride around the city, and more! Claudio took hours out of his time to help me rent a car, show me how to use the trains and buses, and did everything he could to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. The location and facilities were flawless. THANK YOU CLAUDIO!