Kiwi Airport Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Hostel Price was avg, but then they charged me $5 NZ for a ride to and from the airport (which totaled to $10), Room had 5 beds (2 bunk beds and 1 single bed). The single bed was "stuffed" in there in an effort to attain more revenue, but it made the room really cramped. More shelving and/or a desk would have been nice instead. I did like the electronic lock system. BUT--I got bit by bed bugs and they did not put the normal 2 sheets on the bed, only a sheet and a blanket!

Great Hostel Overall! Staff seemed secluded and not very open to questions. Great idea with the bar and restaurant.

Hello, Thanks for your comment, we're happy you liked our bar with his daily meal and selection of belgian beers. We're sorry you did not felt so comfortable with the reception. We wish you the best within HI hostels ! Best regards, Agathe

HI - Point Reyes Hostel

Point Reyes Station, USA

Great hostel! I wish there were secondary locks on the actual dorm rooms though. Great staff, props to Mark, Lacey, and Ashley.

Our House

Reykjavik, Iceland

Great guesthouse/hostel. I only stayed one night, but multiple nights would have been great as well. Bedda, the owner was very welcoming and accommodating. She even let me use the washing machine/dryer to wash my clothes. My favorite part is that it doesn't feel like a hostel, it feels like someone's house, like you are a family!

Great location! I felt very safe (card keys like a hotel to get in your room). The room did not feel cramped or anything. Staff was helpful in suggesting local restaurants and things to do. 50 SEK discount (~$7.50) if you are a Hostellling International member! (A great bonus!). Entire facility was very clean and sleek, you could tell it was renovated recently especially for the hostel.

Woodah Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

A great idea, and they are off in the right direction, but there are a few things to know. There is no kitchen for you to use. It does include a basic breakfast (0800-1000), a big plus in Copenhagen. There are 20 beds total, but only 2 showers, and 2 restrooms. Both showers and restrooms are unisex.