Real Plaza

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is in a great location just off La Rambla. The hostel itself is in an apartment which is a great place to unwind and a much better feeling than staying in a huge hostel. However the owner is never there so it's hard to check in and out. There is no one to ask questions about sights. The kitchen is closed from 10:30pm until 9:30am so good luck if you are up early and want breakfast. It's very noisy at night. The bathroom is also dirty.

Apple Hostel Italy

St Petersburg, Russia

Apple Hostel is in a good location with excellent staff. I received the best introduction to a city I have ever received from the staff at the hostel. They are incredibly helpful and friendly. You sometimes have to wait for use of the toilet or shower as the facilities aren't quite enough for the people staying there. Overall though a comfortable stay.

Apple Hostel Moscow

Moscow, Russia

Location is great, but after six days here I was more than ready to leave. The trouble started as soon as I arrived when they lost my booking. I was then hassled for payment after I was told I could go and withdrawal money from an ATM. On numerous occasions they overbooked the hostel and had to kick two people out of their beds, one person at 3am. There are a number of long term guests who use the computers in the dorms at all hours of the day and the cleaner is constantly moving your belongings

Crafoord Place

Stockholm, Sweden

This place is ok for a couple of nights. It is a little far from town but not unmanageable. I'd recommend the 3 day bike share card to make it quicker. Their are too few toilets and showers, the six bed dorm is far too small for that amount of people and it's a bit of a maze getting into and out of the hostel.

You forgot that we upgraded you your second (and last night) The reason why it was cramped was that we normally use that room as a five bedded room:-] Sorry ! Ingrid

Split Guesthouse & Hostel

Split, Croatia

If your in Split and looking for a hostel you can't go past this place. Josko the owner tries to treat people like family and that's exactly how I felt during my 3 nights there. It is a smaller hostel so it feels homily and Josko does a great job of creating a friendship amongst his guests. He will help out with any activities your interested in doing during your stay. He organised a great trip to Plitvice Lakes. Only downside was the cleanliness. But overall a great place to stay in Split.

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This is a good hostel, close to the main attractions of Dublin. Major pluses about this hostel are the big bathrooms, wifi is good and works in the rooms, good self catering facilities also and a big common area.

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

I don't know about this place. Age groups range from those in their teens to retirees. I felt uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as 4 older men I just didn't get a great vibe from the place. Paying for wifi was a first and the hostel is a good 10 mins into the town centre, not an issue for me but might be for others. On the plus side staff are very friendly and helpful, the common areas are good to meet people and the board in reception gives a great overview on current gigs around town.

Malone's Old Town Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Loved this place! Would highly recommend for any trip to Edinburgh. The rooms are big and clean, staff are friendly and very accommodating. There is a bar downstairs which is convenient, equally if you don't want to party then there is no noise. Kitchen facilities enable you to prepare your own meal if you wish. Location is great, close to all the sights.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Reall enjoyed my stay here. Right in the middle of town you couldn't get a better location. The facilities are great, enabling you to prepare your own meals if you wish. Would stay here again.

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

Really happy with my stay at central backpackers. The staff are very friendly, the atmosphere of the hostel is great, offering a great opportunity to meet fellow travellers. Would recommend!

Sabah Pansiyon

Antalya, Turkey

The best thing about this place is the price. By far the cheapest place I've stayed in. The location is good also, staff are friendly and you can make use of a pool. However the bathroom and toilet are dirty and the room I stayed in was next to the street and common area where just people chatting could be heard while trying to sleep. This place is not bad if you go in not expecting too much.

Atillas Getaway

Selcuk, Turkey

Great place to stay. Staff are friendly and helpful. They offer both breakfast and dinner which in convenient. I stayed in an 8 bedroom door which was average but fine for one night.

Villa Manos

Santorini, Greece

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! This place is like a resort. Staff are extraordinarily friendly, I haven't met a nicer family anywhere. I can't recommend this place more highly. If you are going to Santorini this is your place!

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

This place was ok.

Guven Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

Would highly recommend this place! Mustafa is a very hospitable host. He was in touch before I arrived to organise transfers for me and organised all my activities during my stay. Guven Cave is run more like a hotel at hostel prices. The only thing I would say is maybe shop around for balloon rides rather than booking through Guven Cave and the shower in the bathroom sprays water everywhere as it isn't enclosed. Minor details in what was a very enjoyable stay.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Would highly recommend this place. Close to all the attractions in the old city, great facilities and staff are friendly and helpful!

Hostel des 2 Empereurs

Paris, France

Great location. However there was only two showers and one toilet for the whole floor. The one power point in the room was near the door where nothing could be charged. There was no basin near the toilet to wash your hands. The doona's were more like rugs, they were thin and had hair on them. Would not recommend.