• England, Female, 25-30
Brisbane Backpackers Resort, Brisbane, Australia
5.7
19th Jun 2016

The room I was in was gross, the bathrooms were well below the standards of cleanliness expected, even for a backpacker....

• England, Female, 25-30
Stones Bar Dorm Rooms and Restaurant, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
20th Oct 2014

Rooms could have been slightly cleaner, very loud music until the early hours. Definitely a party hostel. Great fun.

The New York Loft Hostel, New York, USA
1st Sep 2013

Little bit far out from manhattan, probably made worse as as the L train wasn't working when I was there. Nice area though with interesting shops and cafes. Breakfast, film nights and BBQ were all very good and the outside area was nice to chill in.

4.0
27th Aug 2013

When I arrived I checked in and couldn't go to my room until 3pm, I stored my bag in the storage area which at 1st I couldn't find so asked a member of staff for help. She was rude, clearly didn't want to help me and I felt like I was putting her out of her way. The hostel is surrounded by people begging. To say the hostel was filthy is an understatement. The bathrooms had hairs on the walls, I had to pick hairs off my mattress and the kitchen was impossible to use it was dirty.

Wrigley Hostel, Chicago, USA
22nd Aug 2013

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. There could have been more plugs in the room as there were only two between 8 people. Altogether though a very nice stay :-)

Athens Backpackers, Athens, Greece
7.1
30th Sep 2012

When I arrived at the hostel I was told to relocate to another area where there was some more accommodation for the hostel, surely they would have known I would be there long before I arrived at the hostel. After arriving I attempted to lock some possessions into the lockers to find that the lockers didn't work. I asked at reception to be told by the man who worked there that if he tried to help it would be 'aimless' - thanks for the help