The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Little bit far out from manhattan, probably made worse as as the L train wasn't working when I was there. Nice area though with interesting shops and cafes. Breakfast, film nights and BBQ were all very good and the outside area was nice to chill in.

• 1st Sep 2013

When I arrived I checked in and couldn't go to my room until 3pm, I stored my bag in the storage area which at 1st I couldn't find so asked a member of staff for help. She was rude, clearly didn't want to help me and I felt like I was putting her out of her way. The hostel is surrounded by people begging. To say the hostel was filthy is an understatement. The bathrooms had hairs on the walls, I had to pick hairs off my mattress and the kitchen was impossible to use it was dirty.

• 27th Aug 2013

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. There could have been more plugs in the room as there were only two between 8 people. Altogether though a very nice stay :-)

• 22nd Aug 2013

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

When I arrived at the hostel I was told to relocate to another area where there was some more accommodation for the hostel, surely they would have known I would be there long before I arrived at the hostel. After arriving I attempted to lock some possessions into the lockers to find that the lockers didn't work. I asked at reception to be told by the man who worked there that if he tried to help it would be 'aimless' - thanks for the help!!!!

• 30th Sep 2012