Flower Hostel Milan

Milan, Italy

For the price it was a good deal. Just expect nothing more than he basics.

The bed was very comfortable, there was a friendly cat, beautiful pond, good food, and the area was built up but you could find cheap food. The only things that make me not give all ’excellent’ was I found hair on the floor. Also, there were old tooth brushes in a crevice between a glass window in the bedroom and the sink. Lastly, you could not bring outside food or drink to the common areas. They let us into the room early which was great. Next time I’m in Shanghai, definitely staying here.

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel

Zhangjiajie, China

We had a good stay, but it was summer in central china and they had a daily fee for air conditioning. Not too big a deal, but just include it in the price. You had to pay everyday, you couldn't pay in advance, which means it shuts off in the morning, so good luck sleeping in. There was no common area with aircon either. If I went back to the area, I would get a hotel room.

Comfort Hostel HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We almost always start at this hostel under this name or one of its other names. We have always had a great time!

MNL Boutique Hostel

Manila, Philippines

We loved our stay at MNL. Mika was very knowledgable and helped us arrange the next leg ofour trip. Everything was nice and bed was like a really nice hotel, not a hostel. The location was right by a great mall and outdoor area that has an awesome night market with live music. They also had a security guard., so we felt very safe. If we are in Manila again, we know where to stay!

Man Hing Lung Hotel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Mr. Chan and the staff at this hostel are very nice and helped us in English when we were trying to find it. They gave us clean towels and the room had a nice window. The bathroom and facilities were also clean and smelled nice. I was able to borrow a converter since I forgot mine and their wifi was very fast. Overall I had a wonderful stay at this hostel and for the money its a gem.

• 31st Dec 2012

Hong Kong Budget Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was definitely budget, but if you keep that in mind while going there, you will not be disappointed! The staff is so nice! Mr. Chan gave very good instructions and the lady at the reception was very nice. We got lost and they helped over the phone in English. They let me borrow a converter. They also give you clean towels, which I was not expecting. I felt safe and the room we stayed in had a nice window. It did not smell bad, which is a first for me in Hong Kong hostels.

• 29th Dec 2012