Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Auckland, New Zealand

• 1st Jul 2014

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

Fantastic hostel in a great location. Lots of awesome facilities (hammock room, great wifi, good breakfast) and lots of fun! Having a tourist information centre is also a great benefit, I had a great time.

Pretty good hostel, I had a good time. Any hostel in the middle of bath will be a good location, it's very small and everything is nearby! The bathrooms were a long way from my room which was a pain, but other than that I have no complaints!

Astor Museum Inn

I always have a great stay at Astor museum, one of my favourite hostels! Amazing location, great atmosphere and heaps of activities if you're into it, and a pretty good breakfast always helps!

Great to hear from you. It's awesome to know you LOVE the hostel and the Atmosphere. It's great to have travelers like you around. Take care, the Astor Museum Team.

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Fun and social hostel with great entertainment facilities, but bathrooms weren't very well looked after (one of the female toilets was blocked the whole 5 days we were there) and the beds weren't very comfortable. The kitchen didn't have very many appliances (only one microwave for a big hostel) and wasn't very clean. However location was fantastic, and the hostel included lots of onsite stuff - travel advice, job help etc.

Dear Caitlin, I'm so sorry to read about the bathroom and especially the toilet! This isn't good enough, I am going to follow up with my cleaners why we have let this happen. The kitchen we are continually stocking but I agree we need another microwave, and I'm currently sourcing one. Kind Regards, Amanda

Blue Mountains, Australia

It was a nice hostel, warm and cosy and comfortable. Included breakfast, but a very average one! Just cereal, and not very nice ones. Was quite close to the main street, but a long way from echo point if you don't have a car. overall it was pretty good, but overly expensive for what you got.

Tiled floors weren't pleasant in the rooms. Staff were very helpful when booking activities and giving advice. Internet was expensive, and facilities were basic. Free dinner vouchers were very handy, but the restaurant wasn't very close by. All in all it was an ok place to stay, not a bad location because it was quiet and close to the esplanade walk but not super central to everything in town. Would probably stay somewhere else next time.

Belgravia Mountain Guest House

Blue Mountains, Australia

Belgravia was very quiet and had good facilities: all rooms had their own ensuite. Breakfast was fine. Security was minimal, but in such a quiet, lazy little town it needn't be as secure as in big crazy cities I've stayed in previously. We had a nice stay, but not an amazing one.

• 26th Apr 2013

Fun hostel, great to meet people. Good breakfast, not great bathrooms, really helpful staff, amazing location!

The hostel was fine. It gave lots of tips for things to do on message boards in the corridors which I really liked. Breakfast was an interesting array of breads, so that was nice. Location was ok, but not particularly central. Staff were polite, facilities were fine and everything was quite clean. Good lockers. Overall, a fairly good hostel, but could have been better.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, had a great stay! Staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the hostel is between the pike place markets and the space needle and was an easy walk from everywhere we wanted to go. Fabulous hostel!

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

So much fun, great place to meet new people and hang out! Very central and easy to get around. Staff was super helpful and the place was impressively clean for such a big hostel in central Amsterdam! Some nights it was hard to get to sleep because of loud music & loud people, but as far as I'm concerned that's all part of being at a youth hostel so not a big problem.

Residence les Ecrins

Brussels, Belgium

Honestly, this place was pretty basic and boring. It's very small, so if you want a really quiet place then this would be a good choice. Breakfast was really good, so that's always a definite plus. The internet was free but incredibly slow, and I'd rather have to pay a little bit for good internet. The biggest problem I had was that there was no hot water in the showers. I tried three times, hoping it was just a bad time or something, and ended up having a freezing shower! I wouldn't go back.