Culture 22

Taipei, Taiwan

Great hostel. Excellent location. Amazingly friendly staff. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay in Taipei.

Malabar

Penang, Malaysia

The best hostel I've stayed at? Yes. My only complaint was that I didn't stay longer! The owner is the nicest man in the world - I arrived a couple hours before check in and he sat with me for 20 minutes with a map and pointed out things to do before I could check in. Was always smiling and asked me about things I did each day with a genuine interest! Air con works. Washrooms and bedrooms are spotless. WiFi works no problem. Located a minute away from a main bus stop that will take you anywhere.

Paradiso Bed&Breakfast

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good hostel. Great location - less than one minute from Bukit Bitang monorail station. Very clean. Secure (24 hour access - hostel locked by electronic pin number at night). Room was spacious. A/C worked no problem. WiFi was definitely spotty - couldn't connect in my room - only the common area. Hostel owner seemed like a nice guy but was definitely overworked since it was a national holiday and he had no staff - even so he still took time to answer questions and help me book a cab.

Gap Year Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Located just down the street from Boon Keng subway stop - centrally located - 20 minute subway or less to all the main areas of town (bout an hour and a bit to the airport though - be advised when leaving). Staff were super helpful and friendly. Could have been a little cleaner (certainly wasn't the worst though). Hot water, air con, WiFi in rooms - check, check, check! 24 hour access by electronic key card. Wonderful hostel. Would stay here again.

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff are wonderful. Everything is super clean (with daily housekeeping!). Nice little restaurant on the main floor. Pretty centrally located in Phnom Pehn which makes it easy to get just about anywhere. My only complaint is that WiFi (which was free) didn't seem to work above the main floor. Would be nice to get it in the rooms. Otherwise - an absolutely wonderful 4 nights I spent here.

Mojito House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good hostel for what you're paying for. Staff were nice and friendly. WiFi was free and worked in rooms. Mattress could have been a bit nicer - but you get what you pay for. Good location. Easy to find. This is a fine place for the backpackers on a budget crowd. If I'm ever in Chiang Mai, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Charoendee

Bangkok, Thailand

Pretty standard. Great location - right on Khao San Road. Easy to get to. Can be loud from the noise from the street- bring some earplugs and you'll be fine. Single room is quite small and only comes with an overhead fan - didn't really bother me. WiFi is free and works in the rooms. Bed was comfy and room/bathrooms were clean. If you're just looking for a cheap place to stay for a for a few nights in Bangkok without any frills, this place works great.

Sam Won Jang

Busan, South Korea

Great location - just a couple minute walk to the subway and right by the hustle and bustle of the fish market. Pretty far away from the beach if that's your thing - it wasn't for me but I can see that being a pain for some people. Good room. Good mattress. Friendly staff. Great price.