Hostel El Español, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
16th Apr 2017

Nice little spot. The rooms were spacious and clean. The lady at reception is darling. She's very friendly and helpful. Like all places in Uruguay and Argentina, I wish the accepted credit cards. I'd stay here again. The guy on night duty was kind of loud in the lobby with his music, but he turned it down when I asked him to. We were only there for one night. It was definitely good enough.

PaCasa Hostel, David City, Panama
8th Jan 2017

This is a quirky little place in a quirky little town. It's kind of a hostel/homestay hybrid. The proprietor is a little different, but VERY attentive. She took a guest to the doctor because he didn't speak Spanish. She also gave us her bedroom when she learned we were a couple, so we could have a double bed. There's a few dogs and a bit of noise from the roosters and whatnot, but it's a relatively quiet place by central american standards. The kitchen is very well stocked.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Hostel Van Gogh, San Jose, Costa Rica
20th Dec 2016

This place is big and spacious with only 3 rooms. I actually found it quite comfortable and slept well. One fellow in our room got sick and the owner had no problem at all with letting us change rooms, which was very appreciated. There is also a little workout spot near the kitchen. That's an added bonus for me. I think the real room for improvement would be just to fix the leaks in the kitchen sink...and bathroom sinks. Other than that I say it's a good secure spot. Great location.

Hostel Oasis Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
1st Dec 2016

This hostel is very safe and secure. You don't need to worry so much about your things, because it has controlled entry at the front. The facilities are in decent shape. The pool and the courtyard hammocks are especially nice. The kitchen could use a few knew knives and things like that, but it is very large and serviceable. Easy for two or three people to cook at once. If it were my hostel, I would have a designated smoking area. People smoking everywhere is unpleasant for non-smokers.

Managua Backpackers Inn, Managua, Nicaragua
29th Nov 2016

Brilliant. We've already told several people about Managua Backpackers. Great place to stay! We felt very relaxed and secure. It was a totally stress free stay. Breakfast is great. They even had some oatmeal for me, since the pancakes aren't vegan. It was such a mellow environment. The pool was nice. The two large kitchens were well stocked. Hell, they even have OVENS. I made homemade chocolate chip cookies! How rad is that? It's also a cool spot for families! +1 Netflix!

×