Marlon's House Puno

Puno, Peru

The staff are very friendly and helpful. As previous reviews have commented the street outside is extremely loud so best to take ear plugs for a good night sleep. Nice sofa and tv area on 4th floor. Good showers and wifi connection.

La Torre

Tupiza, Bolivia

Very quiet. Nice breakfast served individually. Staff not as friendly if you do not book a tour with them.

Barra Guest Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

The hostel was very nice, excellent ladders, personal lights and plugs, free capirinhas . Mattress was thin and needed replacing. Very quiet so as a solo traveller not the best place to go, arranging tours proved very difficult if you are on your own and overpriced. If i had been there as part of a group or in a couple I would have enjoyed my stay more as I did not feel safe going out in Salvador on my own.

You've built up such an horrid wall that none of us or people from the tour was able to break and reach you. It was you and your IPhone, your IPhone and you. I asked the other guests if they wanted you in their tours but the answer was no so you had to go on your own in a PRIVATE TOUR that is obviously more expensive and the tour guides went beyond their way to please you but nothing was good for you. I guess not even you is good for you so blame the world!!!! I really don't miss you and don't want you back, thank you!

Hostel Way2go

Florianopolis, Brazil

It is a quiet hostel as it is very small. The staff are very friendly and the hostel is kept very clean. The breakfast was good and the computer had a very fast connection to the internet. I did not spend much time in the actual hostel but I was happy with my stay there.

Hostel Bambu Mini

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

We only stayed one night so did not spend much time in the hostel. It was in a good location, easy to find and the staff were very helpful.

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

We only stayed one night but felt very welcomed and enjoyed our time here.

La Barraca Suites

Bariloche, Argentina

It felt much more like a B and B. Nice and quiet, a nice retreat for a couple. It has wonderful views over the lake but it is quite far up a steep hill. The room was a good size and clean. We enjoyed our stay.

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Gaston was the best hostel owner we met, he is so welcoming and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay here and the location was excellent, right near the beach and the centre of town. All tours could be organised straight from the hostel so everything was easy.

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

It´s a very popular hostel and it shows. Staff are really helpful and so nice. They really made our stay enjoyable. As we were in a private room we found it slightly harder to meet people. It´s a very big hostel so there are lots of people around at all times doing their own thing.

Live MVD Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

We were only here one night but the hostel had a lovely atmosphere ad the staff were very friendly and helpful.

TAS D'VIAJE PLAYA Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

The receptionist during the day was so helpful as the airline had lost our luggage and she assisted us as much as she could. It is not the most secure building as it is quite easy to walk in and out. Great location right by the beach. Basic facilities but the other guests were very happy giving it a nice atmosphere. If you want an early night this is not the place to go!