Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Daunting flight of stairs to greet you if you have luggage but friendly staff, decent common area and close to everything in Oxford.

• 21st Nov 2013

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is not in the city but a decent 5-10min train ride from the center so I would not recommend staying here if you are wanting to make the most of Amsterdam by night. The trains do run frequently throughout the day and it was easy enough to get a night bus home in the early morning but it is not a walkable distance. The place is modern and clean with professional, helpful staff. It has a hotel atmosphere at hostel prices - Great if you want to sightsee and then go back to sleep.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great stay here! Friendly, helpful staff and a good atmosphere at the hostel. They organise free dinners, pub crawls and other activities which are great for getting to know other guests. Easy 15-20 min walk into town (slightly uphill coming back :/) or there are train stops close by. Dorms were clean and the kitchen was big and tidy. I would definitely stay here again :)

• 27th Oct 2013

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Good location - easy to walk to the centre of town and right across the road from the main train station! Great breakfast- lots of choice and good quality!! Arrived early in the morn (5.30am) too early to check in but they let me put my luggage in the hold room, have a shower and use the wifi. I would probably stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2013

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was spacious and surprisingly private. They have curtains on the bunks as well as a light and plug for each bed. The breakfast was typical Turkish breakfast with a decent choice. The rooftop bar is awesome and the staff are generally great. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 12th Oct 2013

Sultan Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I arrived late and checked out early in the morning but it was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff member was nice when I arrived at 1am and offered tea or coffee in the morning as I would be missing breakfast by leaving at 7am. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug and one key per room meant I didn't feel comfortable charging my electronics in the open while I slept. By day it felt safe and seemed a great location so I will probably stay there again.

• 28th Sep 2013