Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Sheilas Cork Hostel

Cork, Ireland

The hostel was nice, and in a good location. The one hazard I warn is that in a 8 bed mixed dorm, you will barely have space to move around (very tight quarters). The price more than makes up for this. Pray for not having a loud snoring man in your room though, as that would ruin your sleep.

Always a great stay with Times Hostel. As a heads up, in a 6 bed dorm (ensuite) they only had 4 security cages under bed. Try to share with a friend if you are staying with them. Otherwise, great location near Trinity and Temple Bar.

• 14th Jul 2014

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

The location was fair. My buddy and I chose to stay in a 4 bedroom to get some quiet, but our room mates were terrible. This is to no fault of the hostel. The common areas were quite nice and the staff were knowledgable and helpful.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It does happen sometimes that you get unwanted/expected roommates in with you, but if they're really that bad, let us know. LET US AT EM'!

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

This is by far the finest hostel I have ever stayed at. The new/newly renovated accommodations are amazing and clean. The incredible location (relative to the castle and other destinations) was perfect. They offer a great pub crawl in the evenings and a great walking tour in the morning (I recommend taking both!). The bar upstairs is convenient and nice. All of the facilities were great (bathrooms, rooms, common areas). I recommend it 100%.

• 11th Jul 2014

Surprise Backpackers

The location is good with its location compared to Victoria station (a 10 minute walk). The bar downstairs and continental breakfast were definitely pluses. The folks staying at the hostel when I was there were great craic, and we had a great time.

Yakamoz Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

The location is amazing, with the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque five minutes away, and the prime supper/drink area just a block away. The staff was gracious and helpful. I cannot rate this venue high enough. As a head's up, the dorm room I was in was a bit small and tight, but just large enough (air conditioning makes everything better..and they have it!).

Smart Stay Hotel Station

Munich, Germany

I would constitute this location as barely suitable for a dwelling dubbed a "hotel." The rooms were filthy, with the rug clearly not vacuumed in months. The sink in the room had lime residue all over it, and the room was honestly not cleaned before I arrived. I had to request clean towels. The common bathroom was likewise filthy, and the reception was not present the two times I went down. I understand the employees are entitled to breaks, but it was quite difficult to get any service.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

This was an incredible location. I would recommend it to anyone coming through. The rooms were spacious and convenient. The people working there and guests were great, and the bar downstairs as well as the hostel next door made meeting people very convenient.

Great facilities; the environment is soso. The bar on the ground floor is a nice place to meet up with people, but I found it somewhat difficult to meet other backpackers because of the division between the bar and the first floor's common area.

Brussels Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel was fantastic; my one note surrounds the fact that the location of checkin is about half a mile away from the hostel itself (in a location some distance away from Grand Place). Otherwise, it was a very nice hostel.

360 Hostel MalasaƱa

Madrid, Spain

The hostel was clean and kept up very well. Tracy was fantastic, and extremely helpful (not to mention a good craic!). I would recommend this hostel hands down to anyone visiting Cork--it is also a great location with proximity to the train and bus stations, making trips to Blarney, Cobh, and Middleton a breeze (not to mention the many others I did not have the opportunity to go to).