Location: Sweden, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Casa de Romero

Guayaquil, Ecuador

While Guayaquil was not my favorite city in this trip, this hostel was a plesant surprise and a comfortable safe harbour for exploring the city. The staff spoke english, room as clean and even had a balcony! I was grateful for being able to use their kithen and making a nice home cooked meal to enjoy infront of the TV. Golden moments for a long time traveller :)

When we had trouble and arrived one day late this hostel was more than accomodating and didn't make a fuss about it, which we are very happy about. However, a misunderstanding and a large demand for rooms ended up making our 2-night reservation into only one. The view was breathtaking and the house charming, but the night we spent there was the coldest I've ever been during our 3 months in the Andes.

Hostal Atacama Tatai's

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Booked a double got a twin. No bigge bit the place didn't really impress either. Room was clean enough but very small. No chairs, tables or even a nail in the wall for storage. Only two toilets. Very small and super basic kitchen, only used by the staff. Staff had parties every night, and were baked most of the day. If you're only going to sleep and looking for a cheap place this might do, but not for hanging out.

Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Lovely place close to the shopping street of Mt. Eden. All the facilities you might need, great kitchen, nice little garden in the back. Nice staff, decent beds, enough bathrooms. Only thing that was a bit of a inconvenience for us is the fact that the kitchen closes for one our furing the day for cleaning, which somehow always was when our tummys were rumbling.

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

Charging 3 dollars per hour for internet is way too much, especially if it's not possible to just buy a 15-min voucherfor quickly checking the e-mail. Considering what we paid, at least a few mbs should be included for free.

5footway.inn Project Bugis

Singapore, Singapore

Nice, clean and professional. Can´t find anything wrong with this hostel but somehow never really got those good vibes we were hoping for. It´s a nice place for sleeping but I wouln´t spend my days here.

Panda Guesthouse

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Not the most beautiful building in town, but definitely worth your money. The owner will help you in any way he can, and the rooms were clean. AC available for a little extra charge. English breakfast available for a decent price.

Cliff Cottage

Koh Chang, Thailand

If you, like me, think Koh Chang is a but too touristy and reminds you of that last minute trup you booked for Mallorca 5 years ago, this is the place to escape. Far away from the noise and chaos this is a lovely place to relax and get that hammok vibe you´ve beek longing for. Food is good and has reasonable prices. The owers are always available and make sure you have a nice time. Thanks for the stay!

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Professional, clean, big and delivers exactly what is expected. Loved the free food nights and the fact that there is a free popcorn wagon every evening.

I was very happy with Chinese Box Courtyard hostel! Nice quite location in one of the hutongs, helpful staff, the double room was one of the best we've had in the entire trip (but also, one of the most expensive). Halfway though our stay we changed to the twin room which was also okay, but not as fancy. My biggest problem was the cold, but I heard it's not allowed to turn on heating before a certain date in Beijing? The staff provided me with as many blankets as I could wish for anyway :)

UB Guesthouse & Hostel

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. They picked us up at the train station for free, which always is appreciated. They arranged an overnight tour to a ger even though it's outside the season, which we are forever grateful for. Unfortunately we left our cellphone behind in either the ger or taxi and never saw it again, even though the staff helped us calling both of them.

Admiral Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

The hostel is very small, and situated in an old russian apartment. While it's not the most fancy thing to lay eyes upon, we had everything we needed, including hairdryer and wifi which are both extra treats as a backpacker. It's not the most organized place, but the owner really did try his best and took good care of us. We arrived suer early with the trans siberian train and he let us check in several hours earlier.

Godzillas Hostel