Reviews: sarahlphillips18754

Location England, Gender Female, Age 26

Hong Kong Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7.1
25th Jun 2013

I didn't think the staff in the hostel were altogether too friendly, there was no restaurant and no washing facilities. Also our room was quite small and staff kept turning our air conditioning off too. According to signs within the building the hostel is illegal. It's in a residential building and the signs say that the police could come at any time and shut it all down!

7.4
19th Jun 2013

I liked this hostel but I preferred Mingtown etour in Shanghai. Although the staff were helpful I didn't find them the friendliest of people. The location was good, just a few minutes walk to the metro station and 5-10 minutes to the Bund.

15th Jun 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel and it was the second time that I'd been there. I had one slight problem when the hostel thought that I had checked out instead of someone else in my dorm room and they removed my clothes from the room! I got them back the next day though so everything was fine.

Angelie Hotel, Jiuzhaigou, China
10th Jun 2013

This hotel is very close to the park so it didn't take us long to walk there in the morning. The staff were friendly and helped us with everything we needed.

Monkey Jane's Guesthouse, Yangshuo, China
6.6
8th Feb 2013

This place is for people looking for a party and who don't care about the state of the hostel. Our room was cramped, the bathroom was dirty and the beds were falling apart. Jane is not always friendly and seems to change her mind about room fees depending on her mood. The location of the hostel is great and the bar is a lot of fun. I wouldn't stay here again but I would definitely revisit the bar!

Guilin Dozycat Hostel, Guilin, China
5.4
6th Feb 2013

They tried to raise the price of the room after we had booked it and before we arrived which we fought. The staff, whilst trying to be helpful, spoke very little English so it was difficult to communicate with them. The location was not as central as we had first thought it was and they didn't provide food. It does offer a laundry facility, but someone moved my clothes so they didn't dry, then the hostel tried to charge me 25 RMB to rent a towel. Perhaps this place would be better for families.

Five Elements Hostel, Dali, China
7.7
25th Jan 2013

The most memorable thing about this hostel is the food, the breakfast was excellent!. The rooms were fairly standard, but despite it being really warm in Dali the inside of the hostel was rather cold

• China, Female, 18-24
The Hump Hostel, Kunming, China
22nd Jan 2013

The hostel was good and not as noisy as I was expecting. The toilets could have been nicer, there wasn't much room in the cubicles! The food at the bar was good and it had a great atmosphere

14th Jan 2013

I had some problems with the wifi here. The reception staff were very friendly. There is a bar downstairs when the hostel bar closes which is fun. I'd definitely stay here again

7th Dec 2012

I stay at this hostel regularly and love it. The staff are really friendly, as are all of the guests. The rooms are comfortable and the food and drinks are reasonably priced

24th Nov 2012

There wasn't a mirror in the dorm which I would have liked but apart from that everything was fine with the stay. The hostel was easy to find, the staff were friendly and all of the other facilities were great.

7.7
12th Nov 2012

The hostel was nice, the food wasn't great though. It was very quiet, a little too quiet for my taste, not even any music on in the background. The room was nice though, very clean and the staff were very friendly. I would stay here again

10th Nov 2012

I had a great visit to this hostel, the staff were very friendly and when my friend had a problem with checking in they were very patient and helpful. The food was nice here too, and for your first visit they give you a voucher for a free beer or coffee!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our place, we hope to have you stay here again when you return back to Chengdu. ^^ Best regards,

5th Oct 2012

I had a great stay at the hostel, I had no problems whatsoever. The staff were friendly and gave me directions for places to eat and visit and wrote things down for me in pinyin and in Chinese characters to help me find my way. I would definitely go back and stay here.