Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Downtown Beds

Mexico City, Mexico

The location of this hostel is the only positive thing, other than that it's overpriced and the staff were terrible. They force you to buy the beer they sell and even try to confiscate beer you buy elsewhere. The top bunks are merged together forming a single bed, making things extremely awkward sleeping in the same bed with a stranger. And their 'breakfast' is pathetic.

Hostel Don Nino

Oaxaca, Mexico

This hostel is centrally located close to the ADO station and the main sites of Oaxaca. Facilities were clean, rooms were well outfitted with reading lights, electrical sockets and lockers. With a fantastic rooftop sitting area there was a great social atmosphere.

Iguana Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Iguana hostel has been the best hostel I've stated at in Mexico. It's clean, centrally located, has a great atmosphere, an amazing breakfast and the staff are wonderful.

Viatger Inn

Campeche, Mexico

This hostel wasn't too bad, but there aren't many options in Campeche. The hostel was very clean, the breakfast was pretty pathetic and the dorm room was insanely hot, but the staff were helpful.

Hostal La Ermita Merida

Merida, Mexico

Hostal La Ermita is a fantastic hostel. Exceptionally clean, helpful staff and a decent breakfast. It's not the closest to the plaza but within walking distance and the hostel has nice bikes for rent. If you're in Merida, stay at La Ermita!

Hello Jonathan, thank you for your comments. Its glad to know that you enjoy your staying with us. It was a pleasure to have you with us. Fernando.

Hostal del Fraile

Valladolid, Mexico

The hostel is in a great location close to the bus station, main square and relatively easy access to the nearby cenotes via bike which you can rent from the hostel. The hostel has a relaxed atmosphere with a great sitting area outside and inside.

Las Flores

Cancun, Mexico

In a decent location away from the hotel zone, but there are no lockers which is the main drawback.

Best Island Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I was only coming back to Istanbul for one night and wanted somewhere cheap since I was leaving early for the airport. I paid 13 lira for a dirty mattress that looked like they pulled it out of a crack house. There were 6 mattresses on a covered balcony, supplied with dirty looking fleece blankets and pillows without pillow cases. The bathrooms were poorly equiped and they technically make you buy their beer and prohibit outside beer.

Never do you dream dirty pillows and blankets and a roof terrace with reserves not slept elsewhere

Hostel Anzac House

Canakkale, Turkey

There was only me and another guy in the dorm room during my stay so security was less of an issue, but if the 16 or so bed room was full I would be concerned since the room is unlocked and there are no lockers.

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

This has been the best hostel I have stayed at during my time in Turkey. I slept wonderfully in the cave-dorm room, since it stayed nice and cool and was pitch black at night. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful with everything imaginable. Their freshly cooked breakfast served in the morning was great. The hostel had a good atmosphere for meeting and hanging out with people.

Sultan Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

A decent hostel, but the key system is a little annoying. There is only one key for the room which allows you to turn the lights on and when people leave they take the key back to the front desk. On occasion I would go to the washroom and return to a locked room and would have to go to the front desk. Also, there is only one sink for a floor, makes things a little busy at bedtime.

New Backpackers

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is in a great location and the main guy running the show is really helpful, but the hostel is not ideally set up. The 10 bed dorm only has one bathroom and the room gets really hot and stuffy. I stayed 3 nights and never had a decent sleep.

Shanti Hostel 2

Skopje, Macedonia

Stayed at this hostel twice and both times were brilliant. It's really clean, the staff is amazing and the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. More hostels need to be like Shanti 2.

Ohrid, Macedonia

Sunny Lake is fantastic, has such a great atmosphere.

Shanti Hostel 2

Skopje, Macedonia

Definitely the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in and the staff is so friendly and helpful.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel had a lot of character and blended the hostel world and the riad world. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and when you first arrive they sit down with you and show you where things are on a map. The breakfast has variety and is served fresh when you wake up. The only down side was the number of beds in a small room. I was in a room maybe 8' x 15' and there were three bunk beds and practically no space for everyone's bags.

Lisboa Hostal

Algeciras, Spain

It was a simple room, was clean and the owners are exceptionally nice and helpful.

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

The hostel has a great atmosphere making it easy to meet people and the staff were always really helpful. I would definitely stay at St. Christophers again whether that be in Barcelona or somewhere else.

Fantastic ! Thank you very much for such a high rating and for your comments. We really hope that you are able to come back and join us again soon. It is great to hear that we have provided a safe, secure, value and fun environment. If you don't get to Barcelona, please join us in one of our sister sites over Europe very soon :)

Renstierna Hotel & Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Comfortable bed, clean facilities and a great breakfast. The one downside was when I arrived there was no one at the hostel regardless of me ringing the doorbell, so I had to walk around and find a phone to call them, but it was relatively painless.