Chillout Cengo

Istanbul, Turkey

Did NOT have advertised air conditioning in hostel, only ceiling fans in the rooms. This is false advertising. It was also very close to a noisy bar which played loud music well past 4am. The hostel was overall not that clean, although the kitchen was very nice, and the staff was friendly.

Maltepe Pansiyon

Marmaris, Turkey

Staff is spectacular and very helpful with everything. The pet cat is HUGE and fun to pet: The fattest cat in all of Turkey. This was one of the best hostels we stayed in during our stay in Turkey. It's in a great location, and a close walk to everywhere we wanted to walk in the city.

• 11th Aug 2013

Pak Hotel

Kusadasi, Turkey

The Air-conditioning hadn't been fixed for some time in the room (even though we booked months in advance, they gave us the broken room), so we were sent to their other hotel, the Paris Hotel, and it was awful. The hot water completely stopped running for hours at a time, the internet failed majority of the time, and only one guy spoke extremely broken English, while others couldn't speak at all. If it wasn't for one staff member speaking Russian we wouldn't even have been able to pay the bill!

Guzel Izmir Oteli

Izmir, Turkey

Not a bad place, and although we had some problems with the internet, the connection here was no worse than anywhere else we've encountered in Turkey. Staff was helpful and those who spoke English spoke it very well.

We booked with this Hostel weeks in advance, and upon arrival they claimed they had no record of our booking and that they had given away our room. They won't respond to my emails and won't refund me for my down payment. I would not recommend this hostel at all.