El CosteƱo

Masaya, Nicaragua

AVOID. horrible room. Water stains running down the walls. Other stains on the walls ( I didn't look look too closely). No insect nets on windows so insects everywhere. I paid for 2 nights, left after 1. I asked the lady in reception to order a taxi and she said we don't do that. I stood there and ssaidthis is a hotel, please find me a taxi. Eventually she gave a huff and then called someone. Suggestion: bleach the entire room, paint the walls and watch the difference.

• 15th Jul 2014

Hostel Oasis Granada

Granada, Nicaragua

Nice location, close to everything. It felt a bit like a dungeon sometimes with the lighting in some of the common areas. A word of caution, the cheap "private" rooms only have walls between them, with no roof..so it feels like you are more in a dorm, especially when the couple beside you have a full conversation at normal voice levels at 12 in the morning. Breakfast was amazing, all you can eat, set you up for the day. Staff sometimes were a bit not bothered , but I guess we all have our days

• 11th Jul 2014

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

Close to mall which is great. Good onward transfers available. Kitchen needs a good scrub though. All of the staff are very friendly and willing to help. Nice comfortable beds in dorms, little bit cramped though. They need to fix the lockers , not enough for all of the people here.

Casa Zen Guesthouse & Yoga Center

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Amazing place to stay. Very calm and relaxed, supermarket just beside so perfect for cooking etc. A bit away from other places but I suppose everyone is spread out here. Cleaning ladies were awesome, always on the go, place was spotless. Some staff could be a bit nonchalant sometimes, but easy to look past that and keep pushing for what you need.

• 28th Jun 2014

The Dreamer

Palomino, Colombia

Amazing place to stay..perfect location, great food, an all round excellent spot to get away from santa Marta for a while. It can be a bit expensive in a private room, but you do get good value