Location: England,

Goldsmith's House

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This was a lovely hostel right in the centre of the Old Town - the location was excellent. Castanea is not a large hostel or a 'party hostel' but there was a lovely atmosphere, the staff are helpful and friendly and the facilities were excellent. I would stay here again. Note that you have to pay extra for bedding if you don't bring your own.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

The hostel was in a great location, and the facilities were good (good kitchen, decent showers). The staff were okay and the only problem was that there were no lockers in the room. I was happy staying here.

HI M, Thank you for your comments. Our Staff is always on top so I'm surprise they were only ok. We have locker to rent in some rooms but also in the basement. Happy to hear you were happy to stay here! Cheers, M, Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This was a great hostel - I was very comfortable here. The staff were helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable and I felt very secure. The location is a bit far out from the tourist centre of town, but it's within walking distance and the hostel is right nearby lots of cafes and restaurants. The only drawback is that there is no guest kitchen or fridge, but I gather this is due to German health regulations and not the hostel's fault.

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

I arrived at the hostel to find that I did not have a room booked for that night, despite the paperwork from Hostelworld and the fact that I had confirmed my dates via email with the hostel the day before. The person at the desk (it was 2am) didn't even apologise and seemed disorganised. He did find me somewhere to sleep for the night, and the rest of the staff were very good. The location isn't perfect and there are no locks on the room doors, but everything else about the hostel was good.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Wombat is a big hostel, so it can feel a bit impersonal, but it is spotlessly clean and very secure, with good facilities (other than the lack of a kitchen). The staff are helpful and knowledgeable, and the location was walking distance from almost everything in Munich. I enjoyed my stay here.

Hostel Postel

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

This was a great hostel - very homely and charming with excellent kitchen facilities. Not enough power sockets in the rooms, but absolutely nothing else to complain about. I had a very relaxing time here.

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

It was a very quiet hostel (which was exactly what I wanted) with clean bathrooms and kitchen and very secure. The location meant that everything was within walking distance. It's a bit tricky to find the first time, but I enjoyed my stay there very much.

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

It was a very friendly and cozy hostel. I felt very much at home, and the facilities and staff were great. There are only two toilet/showers between 20 people though, so there was always a queue in the morning.

Goldsmith's House

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

The location was great - walking distance from everywhere, and most of the staff were helpful, but the building was a bit run down and the showers weren't the greatest. There is a TV room and kitchen though. It was an okay hostel.

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel was pretty good. I booked a 6 bedroom room, but ended up in a 4 bed with an ensuite, which was a bonus and there is a fully equipped kitchen and big common area with plenty of powerpoints. Some of the staff didn't speak great English though, so it was hard to communicate sometimes. There is no breakfast option though, but plenty of nearby options for brunch.

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

I loved this hostel - it is brand new and you can tell. Everything was sparkling clean and the rooms were big and lovely, with lockers, bedside lights and lots of power points. The staff were absolutely lovely as well, and a generous breakfast is included. It's right in the historic area, and everything is within walking distance. It was a bit quiet, but I'm sure that will change as more people find out about it.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

The hostel was nice enough - the common area was nice, breakfast was good and the room was a decent size. It is a 5-10 minute walk from the main town square and everything is within walking distance. WARNING: the bathrooms are in a separate building, requiring an outside walk, and the unisex showers do not have doors. I felt very uncomfortable and exposed showering.

St Christopher's Camden

This hostel was very average, considering the price. The room was unbearably hot and stuffy and the windows did not open. I dealt with three staff members - two were useless (told me heating could not be turned down and were generally apathetic) and one was lovely (thank you Dave). I thought it was a bit cheeky to advertise a room as 'ensuite' when there was only a shower, no toilet. Breakfast, kitchen facilities, cleanliness and upkeep were all average, but the washing machines were cheap!

Safestay York

York, England

Ace is a lovely old building within easy walking distance of York's attractions - no need for public transport unless you are headed further afield. The staff were helpful and breakfast was good (if a bit early - it finished at 9am!). The bathrooms are a bit small, but as they were obviously added when the building was turned into a hostel, that's only to be expected and wasn't a major problem. Nice and clean - I would be happy to come back. Bring a jumper as the rooms can get chilly at night!