Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Hostel Bambu Mini

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Jimmy and the gang are the best hosts. Made my stay in Iguazu a memorable one!

Tangara Guest House

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Great place to stay if you're only in town for a night close to the bus and airport terminals. Wasn't around for much more than that.

Hostel Revolution

Quito, Ecuador

A bit far from the old town, but close to buses that go to the Mitad Del Mundo. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Gaston is the consummate host and happy to help you out with arranging any thing from where to eat to which excursions are appropriate for which days. One of the top ten hostels I've stayed in during my 10 months of travel for sure.

Hospedaje Austral

Chiloe, Chile

Chiloe was cold and rainy, but it was warm and sunny inside with Mirta. She set me up with a cozy room and an electric blanket, had me over for tea, made me practice my spanish, went to great lengths to help me set a tour up for myself of the island. They are super close to the bus station, and a little walk to town, but I haven't had many hostel owners as great and helpful as Mirta.

Port Campbell Hostel

Port Campbell, Australia

Was a great stay, staff are super helpful and even bumped me into a single room without an additional fee simply because the room was open. Couldn't have been happier with my time here.

Hello Mr. Parker! Real happy to read your your words - they're testimount to what we try to do all the time: give guests more than what they've paid for, when we've got a reasonable chance to do so. Placing you into a single room was no problem. As you said, it was available, so it was the least we could do to pony up, and give it to ya! Cheers Tony, Bec, Rhys, Viv and Claire (the 3 y.o.) Port Campbell Hostel

River View Guest House

Bangkok, Thailand

Really hard to find, but a good, basic hostel/hotel in Bangkok. Hard to call it excellent, but the best you'll find for the money. Clean, quiet, and the view and vibe of the restaurant on the top floor should account for a bigger score than the rankings allow. Nice to have a fridge in the room too.

Kandy Down Town Hostel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

I hate to be overly judgmental, but no fan, no mosquito nets. This is Sri Lanka. Even in Kandy, where it does get cool-ish at night both are a must. The staff seemingly had no idea who I was when I got there and were fighting with each other starting at 730 in morning. For one night, I'm sure it is fine for most people, but I wouldn't stay here again. The guesthouse 26D, which was much closer to Kandy Town, was the best guest house I've stayed in over the last 5 months.

No 26D

Kandy, Sri Lanka

Best place I stayed in Sri Lanka and the food was the best I had in Sri Lanka too (and I had a lot of good food). Stay here and tell your friends!

Sagar Guest House

Varanasi, India

The Basic of the basic and a bit of a walk from the Ghats, but for the price it was exactly what I expected. Hard to give a bad review, since it was so basic and the family that ran the place was so friendly, but the average scores are in line with what you're getting, not because it was a bad place.

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

Great Staff. Owners are super helpful and engaging. They want to make sure you enjoy Jaipur.

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

The gent working there was great. If you're just stopping through, it's a great place too. The neighborhood at night leaves a bit to be desired though.

• 6th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi Parker, thank you for staying with us. We are sorry you found the area not desirable at night as we have no problems at all and it is one of the safest areas in PE.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Bathrooms, specifically the men's showers, were a bit filthy during the three days we were there.

Sorry to hear that the men's bathrooms were not up to the standard that we would expect - please do feel free in future to speak to any member of staff about cleaning them whenever necessary. We do pride ourselves in having new spotless ablutions! We're happy to see from your review marks that overall you had an excellent time with us and hope to see you again in Livingstone in the future!

Mbizi Backpackers Lodge

Arusha Backpackers Hostel

Arusha, Tanzania

Meridian Court Hotel

Nairobi, Kenya

Just the basics in a hotel, and I didn't venture around at all, but definitely good for a stopover on the way to Tanzania if you need to. The Riverside bus to Arusha will even pick you up at the hotel!

Bahaus Hostel