HI-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

This is a great hostel, Ladybird was fantastic, and helped us schedule a sea kayaking trip, and didn't mind when we checked in later than expected, and had to check out super early. Fun, low key hostel with a great back porch, but it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Lavanda

Split, Croatia

These are little rooms located up a few floors up from a big hostel right in the old town. Great location, and the woman who owns the house is lovely, and helped us out a lot. Very quiet stay, but it was great

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel, we had so much fun! They do a great job setting up activities every night, and partner up with a bunch of the other hostels in the city.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This is a really fun, and huge hostel that is great for meeting people. It's also in an awesome location in the old town right across from the castle! The free pub crawl on Thursdays was great too! The wi-fi connection is pretty bad though, but other than that, it was a great stay. I would definitely stay here again!

El Granado

Granada, Spain

This was a nice hostel to stay at, but very quiet. It was really clean, and they showed us a bunch of landmarks when we got there, which was great. In a good location close to downtown, and about a 25 minute walk from La Alhambra. They did not have too many weekend activities for guests though, and it seemed much more like apartments, than a hostel.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

This was a great hostel to stay at. The staff is helpful, and the hostel is very clean. I stayed in a private room , which was great-no noise! But, a bit expensive. The hostel bar is great to meet people, and they have many tours to offer in the morning, and in the evening as well! My only tiny complaint would be that there is only one set of womens' bathrooms at the far end of the hall on the top floor. Great time!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This was a great place to meet people, and a really central location as well. Just a 10 minute bus ride from the train station. They do a great job organizing events for their guests, and have a pretty decent kitchen set up for those on a budget! Enjoyed our stay!

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is located really close to both Hagia Sophia, and the Blue Mosque, and so many other things! The staff is really welcoming, and fun, and genuinely want everyone to have a great stay in Istanbul. The bar on the top floor also has a great view of the Blue Mosque, which is beautiful, and lots of fun. I had a great stay here.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel is OK, it is really out of way, and it takes about 30 minutes on the train to get into town. For the amount the hostel costs (25euro a night for a 4 bed dorm) you would think it would be closer to town. Breakfast was just OK, a few selections of cereal, and toast. They did have a coffee machine though, which was cool. The rooms could also be a bit cleaner, my room was covered in long hair, and I was the first person to check in! The bar area is nice, but nothing was happening there

Riad Chez Lea

Marrakech, Morocco

The staff was very helpful. They were always serving us mint tea, changed our room when the AC leaked, and helped book tours for us. The breakfast is really nice as well.

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

This hostel is pretty good, the staff allowed me to switch to a bottom bunk so I didn't have to climb up to the top (hate heights!) and were pretty helpful with places to go, directions, etc. Careful though, even though they give you the money back for the lockers and towels when you leave, they are not free up front, and each does require you put 5 euros down when you get them. Not a huge deal, but something to keep in mind.