Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Great place overall, but not for light sleepers. The open floor plan of the building makes it noisy until everyone is asleep.

• 12th Oct 2013

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. It has atmosphere that will suck you in and make you want to call it your home. Don't think, just book it. And do the tour, too.

• 18th Sep 2013

Cocoon Hostel

Dubrovnik, Croatia

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

One of the staff was quite rude when I arrived in the morning on the bus. I was yelled at for using the bathroom inside: "That bathroom is for guests only!!" "But I am a guest." "You haven't checked in yet!! You can check in at 2pm!" Then, a group of us booked a van through the hostel to go to Thethi -- the driver didn't show up and the staff were just like "well, too bad. go find your own ride." Too bad because the hostel is beautiful. Also, the "mattresses" are just pieces of foam.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Dear Michael, We are very sorry to read this comment but we appreciate your feedback. Let us tell you we have a new staff in our Hostel. And we promise you will have a great stay next time. best

Robinson Sunset House

Ohrid, Macedonia

A GREAT place to stay. The owners were so kind that I really felt at home here. Everyone I met there stayed longer than they planned. Highly recommended for people who want to be outside of the city and close to the lake. Great place to relax.

UNITY Hostel Skopje

Skopje, Macedonia

What a great hostel. It's new, but very well-planned. It's obvious that a lot of care has been taken to make it a great place. Atmosphere is relaxed and fun, the owner (Olly) is a super nice guy, and you've got all the things you'd expect in a great, world-class hostel -- steel-frame beds with curtains, full kitchen, big common room, etc. Highly recommended :)

Hostel Han

Krakow, Poland

• 21st Aug 2013

Apple Hostel Lviv

Lviv, Ukraine

Staff were very kind and helpful. Good location within walking distance of main attractions. Overall great value. Recommended.

• 18th Aug 2013

Gagarin Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Very clean, bright and good atmosphere. Great value for the money.

Simferopol Train Station Hostel

Simferopol, Ukraine

Nice location. Staff friendly and helpful. But... No lockers. No common room.

Funky Bunker Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

I think this place has potential to be a good hostel, but it needs a lot of work.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Babushka Beach House

Odessa, Ukraine

One of my favorite hostels (and I've been to many!) The staff are great, excellent atmosphere... An all - round great place! I'll miss this hostel...

• 23rd Jul 2013

Tapok Hostel

Chisinau, Moldova

Great hostel. Excellent value, super staff, and great location. The BEST hostel beds I've slept on - very comfy. One thing to note is that the reception is not 24hours (it's a small hostel). Recommended!

• 18th Jul 2013

Retro Youth Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

Great friendly staff. Good atmosphere. Location can't really get any better. Cons... the bathrooms really need to be cleaned more often. The Dorm bathroom want cleaned in the 3 nights I was there. Also, the lockers under the beds are a joke security-wise. Needs an upgrade stat. Otherwise great hostel.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for choosing our place. Our cleaning personal works in two shifts in the day time, maybe the bathrooms were proper cleaned at night or early in the morning. Regarding the lockers we do have iron safe deposit boxes, sorry we haven’t been precise about their location (next to the six bedded dorms). We look forward to have you back at Retro's!

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Great hostel, friendly staff and one free beer each night you stay. Fun place.

• 11th Jul 2013

Miramont Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I really wanted to like this hostel because the staff are really nice, but in the end I felt it was just a so-so hostel. Pros: great, friendly staff. Cheap beds. Cons: the staff were hardly around -- even during check-out time some days! Location is in an interesting part of town, but the street is dirty - dog doo everywhere on the way. And most important: in the summer, it is WAY too hot to be in the top bunk - no AC. We had windows open and I still roasted and got bit by mozzies.

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

Great hostel. Staff were really nice and sleeping in a cave was really cool - - literally.

• 26th Jun 2013

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

Good location, very good value. Staying in a cheap dorm, AND you get a pool?? Awesome

• 24th Jun 2013

Boomerang Guesthouse

Selcuk, Turkey

The hotel area is probably better than the dorm, which is in the basement and is dark, smelly and musty. Also, every morning I was there the cat used the floor of the dorm as a toilet. On the plus side, the restaurant is probably the best atmosphere in town and the staff are very friendly. Conclusion, needs some work but has future potential.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Kevin's Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Pros: Staff very kind and friendly; interesting location (Asian side of Istanbul); clean and new. Cons: facilities need some work (some constructive feedback: the automatic lights are terrible -- to the point where you can't take a shower at night because the lights go off).

• 19th Jun 2013

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

GREAT hostel experience. There are only 16 beds in the whole place so you can get to know everyone easily. The common room is great -- TV, stereo, bean bag chairs. The beds have curtains too and are steel framed, so no squeaking. My one minor complaint was that the ac is off until 10pm -- slightly disappointing for such a humid place. The two Swedish guys who were working in the hostel when I was there were awesome dudes -- gave lots of great information on places to go, food to try, etc.

Lime n Soda Beachfront Resort

Koh Phangan, Thailand

The regular bungalows (fan) are not a great value. Too hot to sleep at night or to be in during the day. Changed to AC bungalow after 2 nights and had a much better experience. Pool is great. Restaurant food is hit and miss and a bit pricey.

• 21st Feb 2013

Valentine Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Staff were super helpful and attentive. Great value of a room for what we paid. Fast wi-fi in the room. Only complaint was that our bathroom door had a small window missing so there was a lack of privacy if you are staying with someone else -- I think it was room 205. Otherwise, glad we stayed here!

• 22nd Jan 2013

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Clean and friendly. As opposed to some other places we stayed (in Hoi An also), we felt safe and relaxed here. Wifi worked in the rooms too.

• 21st Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Really glad I stayed here. Beautiful place and the owners are really great -- super helpful and kind (without the usual pitfall of trying to sell you a tour or something). Definitely recommend this place!!

98SG

Singapore, Singapore

Pros: clean and inexpensive; very near a subway station; good cheap eats within 2 mins walk; wi-fi works well; the cleaning lady was really sweet and funny; the massage chair on the second floor!! Cons: was charged an extra fee ($2) when I booked an extra night. Lame.

Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Pros: Great location in Causeway Bay; Some of the staff helpful; Beds clean Cons: Overpriced for what you get; Worse internet reliability than even most developing countries; Many of the staff don't speak even a word of English -- at 7am the woman at the counter (cleaning staff) yelled at me in Chinese until I gave her my room key; Smoking is allowed in common rooms; To use the computers, you have to ask staff to turn them on (locked); Saw toilets cleaned w/o toilet cleaner by staff.

• 30th Nov 2012

The Meeting Place

Taipei, Taiwan

Good value, nice facilities. Was mostly long-term guests when I stayed -- nice people. A bit difficult to find with the directions given. could use an update.

• 14th Nov 2012

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

Great hostel. Very nice bar. Friendly staff. I would stay here again definitely.

Pros: Clean, nice rooms. I like that it was more of a hotel with hostel-style rooms, than a straight-up hostel. Laundry room with dryer was very handy. Business desk girls very helpful! Cons: Shower was luke-warm at best (could have been just my room...). Lot of people smoking where they weren't supposed to.

• 28th Oct 2012

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

Great hostel. Good if you want to make new friends and have some drinks. Staff were very friendly and helpful -- best I've met in China.

• 17th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much for the great comments, see you next time. Regards Sanlitun hostel