Reviews: FessStone

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 47

Hostel Beirut

Beirut, Lebanon

The hostel had a lot of longterm people and thus people seemed to know each other and that was nice and did create a nice atmosphere. However the wifi worked poorly, one day the staff arrived at the desk 75 minutes late, the bathrooms were not the best and people seemed to leave things all over the place so it was not the cleanest or most organized. However the price of the dorm was very cheap making it a good value.

We are sorry about this. Amenities in Lebanon are close to third world country standards, so the quality of the internet will vary from day to day. Also Mr. Fess wanted to do laundry from the minute he landed, unfortunately he arrived in the midst of a power cut and even though we are hooked onto the community generator, that too wasn't working on the particular day, which seemed to only inflate Mr.Fess's temper, who refused to give his passport for a scan which we are required to do by law.

Mariela Hotel Apartments

Paphos, Cyprus

I loved this place. I didn't give excellent to the staff and atmosphere because I didn't hang around the hotel or really talk to the staff so it is hard to rate it. But the room was very comfortable and the wifi worked well.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

It was close to both the station and the center. The only negative was the dorm was tiny.

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

It was not crowded, so I got a dorm to myself! The room was very clean and had a wash basin inside. Very good value

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

The location was perfect. The wifi didn't really work in the room and the shower was on a different floor. The staff was very helpful.

HI De Blauwput Leuven

Leuven, Belgium

I was in a dorm and the smell from the bathroom was terrible. I told the staff when I left and hopefully they fix the room as otherwise the hostel was very clean. I don't know if other rooms also smelled. Then the main bad thing is wifi is only toward the reception and when they close at 11pm there is no wifi. They have a locked room for luggage storage and just 1 minute from the station.

The hostel is way up the hill and if you are walking, it is quite a hike. However if you have a car the view is amazing. The wifi only works in the lobby. The dorm is very big with 2 wash basins in the room. The breakfast is good.

Liège Youth Hostel

Liege, Belgium

Wifi didn't work in the room and the toilet by the reception had a funny smell. Also I needed to make a local call to book my room at the next hostel and they wanted to charge me 1 euro, which is a bit ridiculous. However the price including breakfast is a very good deal and the dorm was plenty big for 4 people.

Stayokay Maastricht

Maastricht, Netherlands

There is not wifi in the room, they don't provide towels and the windows didn't open but slightly. The breakfast is good and the location is right next to the river. Good value

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff were very nice, although they mostly were foreigners. The facilities are very safe and nice that breakfast is included.

The Palace Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Everything was good and no complaints at all

Culebra International

Culebra, Puerto Rico

I liked the owners and the 2 dorm rooms are connected, so the back one has the air condition and I recommend that.

The Lazy Hostel Vieques

Vieques, Puerto Rico

The attached bar is nice, the air works great in the room and the only negative was the kitchen is horrible.

Moon Light Bay Hostel

Fajardo, Puerto Rico

They have all you can eat pancakes, however you do have to cook them yourself. The terrace is great.

Bavaro Hostel

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I really enjoyed the staff and the hostel is close to the beach

Orchard Garden Hotel

Nassau, Bahamas

This might be the best deal in the Bahamas. I booked what I thought was a shared room, but had it to myself. I could not have been happier!

Ideal Hostel Pension

Fethiye, Turkey

I booked a dorm and when it was full they moved me into a single, so I had an amazing deal! The wifi only works on the terrace but for the price, it was well worth it.

Noah's Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The staff was great and very willing to provide as much information as you could ask. I stayed in the dorm and there was a heater that I could control, making the room the perfect temperature. Wifi worked well in my room.

Yo-Ho-Hostel

Varna, Bulgaria

All was good except when I arrived. Their webpage showed: 4-bed dorms from 8 euro 11-bed dorm from 7 euro Summer season prices are higher, please inquire additionally The price showed was 7 euro for 11-beds. When I arrived Toni told me the price was 8. When I disputed the amount, she told everybody else paid that amount and she could return my money. I then booked on this site and paid 7. But she made out like I was a bad person for wanting the right price- weird.

Tnx for your review ! Our prices are written on HW site and they are right ! We know clients like you very well - bagging for discounts. Why you don't made a booking in advance ? Why only for a second day - just to write a review and HW to charge you more 2 EU - weird ! We wish you a safety trip ! We keep our rights to define our prices - is it still hot and nice on the beach of Varna :)

Balkan Hostel

Ruse, Bulgaria

The owner is very cool and he cooked me up a great breakfast. It is nice that you can do a load of wash for no extra money. I was alone in a 3 bed dorm but if it would have been full, the room was quite tiny. Also the price for the room is only 10 euro however if you book on this site they charge you an extra euro which is annoying, so I would book via their facebook page.

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The owner is great and very helpful. The location is good. The only thing when we were there the sauna was not working and the jacuzzi did not seem appealing. But overall really great deal!

Hostel & Camping Iza

Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

I was the only person in the 4 room dorm so I had a single for under 10 euro and I got the room closest to the reception so the wifi worked great- an amazing deal for under 10 euro!!

Penzion Partizan

High Tatras, Slovakia

The price of $13.50 for a single room with good wifi and a sink in the room right at the foot of the mountains is an amazing deal!

Tatransky Hostel

Poprad, Slovakia

I never saw the staff other than going to the restaurant next door to pay. So if you are wanting help from the staff, it is not likely. And it is a good 20 minute walk from the station. However the wifi worked well, the dorm is huge and the kitchen is nice and you can not beat the price, so I think it was a great value.

Pension Tiberia

Trencin, Slovakia

It is close to the train station and the staff was friendly

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

There are no locks for the lockers, so if that is important bring your own. The wifi worked in my 6 bedroom dorm so I was happy about that. The room was very clean.

Nap Hostel Pecs

Pecs, Hungary

There were no lockers for your valuables and he dorms were connected, meaning you had to go through 1 to get to the other, meaning a lot of people passing through. Also although the woman who worked there was lovely, she was not there quite a bit. However the price was so reasonable that the value for the money is excellent.

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I asked for a good wifi connection and the staff put me in a room right next to the router.

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

The place is very convenient if you arriving at the train station, just a short walk.

Youth Hostel Eva

Ptuj, Slovenia

The owner is very nice and always smiling. When I asked how much to do laundry she said there was no charge! I had a 4 room dorm but as it was not crowded she kept my by myself. The wifi was very fast in the room. For 13 euros this was one of the best value places I stayed.

Lollipop Hostel

Maribor, Slovenia

The hostel is very close to the station and the owner will give you all the information about the area in detail.

MCC Hostel

Celje, Slovenia

They are charging a bit much for a dorm without breakfast but otherwise the place was nice.

Students Residence

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The wifi does not work in the room however a dorm for 2 is a great value and you might end up with the room by yourself.

Castle Hostel 1004 - Bled

Bled, Slovenia

38 degrees- no air, no fan, the room- oven. Since it was hot we left window open. My 4 bed dorm touched patio. You could reach your hand in from outside. Cigarette smoke drifted in. People made loud noise after midnight. 2 girls brought guys(not from our room) in at wee hours. At 5:30am a drunk girl returned with a guy to patio talking loudly & he was not from hostel! The front door is always open. No toilet paper in the morning. Atmosphere good for young partiers who do not wish to sleep.

Penzion Slovenija Avto

Kranjska Gora, Slovenia

I had the option when I arrived to pay 20 euro without breakfast and for a single room with fast wifi I was very happy! The hostel is a 8 minute walk from the bus station away from the city which can be good or bad depending on you. When you leave the bus station and see the highway (away from the city) go there and cross the bridge. There is a pension sign without a name, the pension is to the right, not the left. Then it will then be the first driveway to the left.

Positive Sport Hostel

Kobarid, Slovenia

The wifi did not work and after investigating I was told it kept switching off and had to be restarted every 1/2 hour. Since they leave at 6pm and nobody is around there is no wifi. Also there is no air condition or even a fan so it was quite hot.

Hostel Kosy

Rijeka, Croatia

The only shortcoming is they do not have a kitchen or even a fridge. But otherwise it was very nice.

Hostel Elena

Zadar, Croatia

The wifi did not work in my room, very annoying

Hostel Splendido Sibenik

Sibenik, Croatia

This is a new hostel and the owners are amazing! I wanted to do the new seaside walk to St Nichols Fortress but the start is 5 kilometers away. So they drive me and then picked me up after! They allowed me to do laundry for no charge! They were always smiling and helpful!

Hostel Trogir

Trogir, Croatia

The price and location can not be beat

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

It is great that there is a supermarket next door. Also the directions were a bit confusing to arrive at the hostel. I came from Hvar and leaving the boat the hostel was to the right, away from the Old Town.

Helvetia House

Hvar, Croatia

I was here during a festival. Although nobody at the hostel I met went to the festival, the rates were much higher than normal. Thus I paid more to stay in this dorm than any place else so far in Croatia and so it was not a great value.

White House Hostel Bol

Bol, Croatia

I was lucky and was able to get a private room and only pay for it as a single! The owner was very helpful and is able to get all his guests a discount on the boat to Hvar

Dragan's Den

Korcula, Croatia

This is a party hostel and they do a pub crawl every night. Most people seem to love it. The only problem is they are partying in the main area of the hostel before going out and if you want any quiet, it is not possible. Also once they leave at 10:30 or 11:00 they lock the common areas and this was bad for me as I was waiting to use the wifi with some quiet.

Hostel Anton

Tivat, Montenegro

The main problem I had was the wifi was not good. It is in the owner's apartment and you have to move real close to have it work. This is not comfortable or convenient.

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

When I arrived on Sunday wifi was not working, only in the common area. They were fixing it on Monday but that did not happen. They knew I had to use wifi to work so on the 3rd day I was switching hostels. They actually got it fixed and felt bad and gave me a free night. I was quite surprised- great customer service! And this is a young party hostel however my room was very quiet and I could easily avoid the partying. Easy place to meet people- which I did to find others to rent a car.

Hostel Hikers Den

Zabljak, Montenegro

Alex and Gina are great! They are full of information and a delight to talk with. The meeting room/kitchen is a place to congregate and socialize. The wifi worked in the room and was peaceful, even though in a dorm. Great place and highly recommend!

Montenegro Hostel Podgorica

Podgorica, Montenegro

It is super close to the station, the air worked great in the dorm, the wifi worked well and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Vila Jadran

Bar, Montenegro

The room was really nice- air condition, private bathroom, television. for a great price They picked me up at the bus stop!

The website advertised air condition, but they did not have it. They did not even have fans. And the windows did not have screens and mosquitoes entered the room. It was so hot I was sweating but had to put cover myself with a sheet to keep away the mosquitoes. I only managed about 3 hours of sleep. Also while the staff were very nice, they could not direct me to the bus correctly for either Lake Koman or Ulcinj. It is a new hostel with potential but until they solve there air avoid this place.

Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

I love this place! It is a great place to chill out. It is in a very good location. The directions to arrive at the hostel were perfect. I enjoyed talking to all the members of the staff and a special thank you to Lira and Martin! They did not seem like staff to me but rather friends!

Hi Fess, thanks for the nice review...hope your fine and that you have more of these great times also in other places and everywhere...see you than, claas

Himara Hostel

Himare, Albania

When I could not find the hostel I called them and the owner came right over to pick me up with his car, even though it was just a few minute walk!

Berat Backpackers Hostel

Berat, Albania

I really enjoyed this place and the owner is great. He will answers all of your questions. The atmosphere is great and it is easy to meet people. I think they do a nightly dinner, at least they did on the 2 nights I was there. The only issue would be there were only 2 toilets.

Lake Ohrid Hostel

Pogradec, Albania

I really liked both the owners. When we arrived Klaus took us on a tour around the city and in the evening took us to a great dinner on the lake. Then Lira came the next day and cooked me a great fish dinner and we enjoyed hours of chatting with a few beers. The swimming pool is great!

For 5 euros, you assume something will be wrong, but this place was perfect! The owners are great- super helpful and friendly. He drove us to the bus station. Laundry for 2 euro. I highly highly recommend!

Shanti Hostel Bitola

Bitola, Macedonia

The owner really wants to make the hostel the best possible so if you have any suggestions, she will listen.

City Hostel Prizren

Prizren, Kosovo

The owner is amazing! He goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. It was Saturday when I arrived and in the evening when I came through the lobby he invited me to have a beer- as he did all the guests. Whenever the glass was running low he refilled it. Later a group of us went to the bar. He had to leave early and as he left he informed us he paid the 1st round! Highly recommend!!

Hostel Han

Pristina, Kosovo

It is a great place to stay!

Cricket hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

We really enjoyed our stay. Because there were not many other guests it seemed like our own apartment . The owners were very nice!

Rastel Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

We asked to do laundry and they allowed us to use the machine and did not charge us! They allowed us to stay around the hostel on the day we left until the evening as we left on a night train!

Jajce Youth Hostel

Jajce, Bosnia And Herzegovina

It is in a good location and you have access to kitchen and the wifi worked well in the room!

Old Town Accommodation

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We had a great stay! Donnie and his mom were super nice. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. It is just a few minutes walk from the bus stop in Old Town. We had lots of nice conversations and he even drove us up the hill for a beautiful view of the city. He gave us coffee, let us use their washing machine and drove us to the bus station when we left- not charging us at all! Highly recommend.

My boat did not leave until midnight and they allowed me to stay in the lobby until I had to leave.

Ostello Olimpico Vicenza

Vicenza, Italy

Nuova Locanda Belvedere

Venice, Italy

The biggest issue is the wifi. I slept in a separate building and there was no wifi and you had to come to the lobby- where it did not work great. However the new manager said she was trying to get it upgraded so if it is important, you should email her and ask. Regarding location, it is obviously outside of Venice but it is a short walk to the bus/ train station and for the price, it is a great value.

La Locanda del Lupo

Orvieto, Italy

The problem is you can only use wifi in the restaurant and it is closed a majority of the time.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

When I went out and returned to the hostel there was nobody there and the doors locked. I had to wait a while to get in. I stayed at the hostel in February and was the only guest so I kind of understand, but it still should not happen.

I broke my ankle and it was put in a cast after I had checked-in. I had booked for 5 nights, but I could not stay with 3 flights of stairs and bunk beds. It was already 7pm when I was leaving and I had to pay the first night, but they did not charge me for the other 4 nights and it was appreciated.