Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Most comfortable hostel beds in South America! The place had a great atmosphere. The bar hosts fun activities every night. The movie room was so comfortable to relax in and we really enjoyed that as we visited Cusco in the rainy season. The food at the bar was also really tasty at a reasonable price and the place was always really clean. Parisiana in Cusco has been one of my favorite hostels in South America. Only downside was the free breakfast is quite bland.

• 31st Jan 2013

Nature Hostel

Pucon, Chile

I wouldn't say totally avoid it, but the place wasn't the cleanest. I'm quite sure that the bathrooms were only cleaned once in the 3 days of our stay. Also, there's no hot water after a certain time, which I wasn't aware of until using the downstairs bathroom on the last day, which is the only one with a sign that says this. One of the days that we stayed there, we had to go out really early for a tour, then we realised we had been locked in, and there was no staff around to let us out!

• 6th Jan 2013

La Comarca Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Very friendly and helpful staff. The guy went put of his way for us. Awesome location. The place didn't really have a good hang out area though and the walls were not soundproof enough, we could hear everything in our room when people were hanging out in the kitchen. Also, the place needs new mattresses! Lumpiest mattress I've ever slept on! This place is fine to base yourself in to go trekking and camping, but not so good if you just want to chill in your hostel.

• 27th Dec 2012

I Keu Ken Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Excellent hostel! One of our favorites so far. The place had a very good atmosphere, nice view and a great kitchen. The beds were really cosy and bathrooms always clean. We spent Christmas there and the owner made us a big asado with wine and we had a great night! The only downfalls are the breakfast was quite boring and I would have liked if the staff gave us more info/recommendations for tours to Perito Moreno. Don't do the 'alternative tour' unless you want to spend an hour looking at birds..

• 24th Dec 2012

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I would get a room away from the courtyard on the first floor as a lot of people like to hang out here and make noise 24/7. The place was very clean, bathrooms were cleaned regularly and surprisingly, they even made our beds every day.But our washing came back with rusty looking stains and my towel went missing. the WORST kitchen in any hostel we have ever stayed in. pots without handles, 2 forks, no spoons, 1 knife, no kettle, 1 fridge for over 100 guests, you get the point. overall not bad.

• 16th Dec 2012

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

This is the best place I stayed at in Brazil. The owner was super friendly and helpful with all the buses and stuff. The kayaking tour was also really fun and I met some cool people. The hostel was clean, had a great kitchen and the beds were comfy!

• 8th Dec 2012

Dom Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The place was quite hidden and lacked a sign at the front, even the taxi driver had trouble finding it. The shuttle service from the airport also cost about the same as a taxi, which wasnt cheap.. However, the place had itself was nice, very clean and a good place to stay. The facilities were also good but it didn't have a very fun atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and friendly but be prepared if your portuguese isnt so good as only one of them can speak English.

• 28th Nov 2012

Hello dear guests, I'm very sorry if your experience was not so good coming to this hostel. The transfer service costs the same as the taxi even though we have to pay the parking fee and take time to wait at the terminal's gate, etc. I think it's a perfect deal concerning it's service. We've done everything that we could to please you, doing early check in at 3am, not charging any extra for that. About the trouble to find the hostel it's probably because of taxi's GPS or something and not our fault, and we don't have any sign at the front to avoid the exposure, to keep our guests safe. As this this a hostel to relax, we don't welcome loud party type activities. At the most, maybe a caipirinha in the lounge to relax and talk with the other guests. Maybe next time you might join us and have some fun :) If you ever return to SP, we will be glad to welcome you here again.