Great stay over all. very friendly staff and great value for the service. only downside is that the rooms were very hot. There was no air conditioning or fan to keep the rooms cool. Had a difficult time falling asleep.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Belmont Gardens

Manchester, England

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL! it is the worst place I have ever stayed. When we arrived there was a big party going on which did not end until 4am - and the manager did not do anything about it until I said I would call the police. It is not clean, very far from city center and overall just not worth it. We did not feel safe at all and it was just not worth it. Stay away from this hostel please - even for its low price it is not worth it.

• 3rd May 2013

Argyle Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great hostel! We stayed in the private double bed room which was really nice! Small but had a large screen TV and a sink, mirror and a comfortable bed. It was also very clean. The shower facilities were nice and clean as well. The only downside to this hostel is the location - a 20 minute walk to city center. However there are buses running very frequently so its not too bad. Overall a very nice place to stay if you are looking for a private room!

• 30th Apr 2013

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very lovely hostel! I do not see why this is rated so low? I have been in far worse hostels which are ranked higher. The place is very clean, the services provided such as free towel, storage and high speed internet makes this place just better! Also the kitchen is really nice! Lovely place and I would highly recommend it to anyone - especially if you like the calm quite atmosphere. They also have a wicked chill out room! The owner Ricky is a very down to earth guy, and so are the other two.

• 22nd Dec 2012

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

It is an alright Hostel, I just dont see why it was ranked soo high. Overall the place is good, however they did not seem to bother to let me or others know that their bank machine wasnt working - which made me withdraw money from a cash machine at crazy exchange rates. Their rooms are good, clean and has a warm feeling to it. But there isnt much to do other than watch movies or just stay - they should organize more events for the guests.

• 20th Dec 2012
  • Bangladesh

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunatley the company responsible for our card machine have not repaired it so far. sorry if it inconvienced you but we do inform all our guests that we have two cash points, both within a minute walking distance from the hostel. Other than a big collection of DVD's there is a pool table and table tennis table out the back yard, that is always hiving with activity. Also we have a big variation of books about local history as well as international best-sellers that suit every taste, furthermore there are several musical instruments around the house.In summer we organise BBQ's and pool competitions,but December is not really an appropriote month for that.

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great place! very friendly and lovely atmosphere. great facilities and good internet connection. never felt bored and they always had something planned for the guests. really neat!

• 4th Nov 2012