Vanderbilt YMCA

New York, USA

Looking for a few nights in Manhattan in New York with a limited budget, this accommodation will provide the basics, good location, safe and warm place to stay. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, the use of the gym and the pool is a bonus but the guest rooms are very basic, the bathroom facilities also very basic. It seemed that the guest rooms and bathrooms could do with a really deep clean. If you don't need much for your comfort, this property will do just fine for a budget price

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It was quite disturbing that maintenance staff needed to carry out maintenance after we had checked into our room. We were in a private room. On the second visit from the maintenance staff, they were part way in the door before I realised and at that moment in time I was finishing my shower and was completely naked. I told the reception staff about these incidents (especially the 2nd one) but they didn't seem all that interested.

• 4th Jul 2013

Bicycle Hotel Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Bicycle Hotel was a wonderful find. Situated in a residential area but just a short tram ride away from the main attractions. We enjoyed and appreciated everything about the hotel, the breakfast was plentiful, the staff really friendly and the beds are SUPER comfortable. A 24 or 48 hour ticket gives plenty of access on the trams and buses to see all the sights.

• 25th Jun 2013