Hostel Marko Polo in Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I booked a room at Marco Polo, but I didn't stay there.l Online it showed there was a private room, but there wasn't. It was just an apartment turned into 3 dorms. There was no kitchen, not even a place to get a glass of water.. No common room. There was no staff when I arrived and when someone finally showed up, they didn't even know I was coming. But when Faruk came he was very helpful and got me a room at Hostel Ville and even took me there himself and then got my lugguage.

Nomads Hostel

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

I stayed at the Nomads Hostel for 2 lovely nights. Our hosts Nedyalko and SIs were not just hostel hosts they were wonderful thoughtful people. Sis taught me how to make the Bulgarian specialty "Banitsa" which was served with her home-made yogurt and other fresh items for breakfast. The location couldn't be more perfect. It's on beautiful historic Gurko street. looking out over the river, to the monument backed by the forest, just at the bottom of the old city. It was a perfect stay.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Most of the staff were really helpful. The place was clean. They served an adequate breakfast and also served spaghetti and one glass of beer for dinner! The difficult part was how crowded the common area was. It was a fight to get your breakfast with crowds of people all grabbing at the same time, and there was always a line for the slowest toaster in the world. If you want to be part of a really youthful noisy scene, it's perfect. If you prefer a little calm and quiet, go elsewhere.