USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

I was in Venice for just one day and I absolutely loved this hostel, its look and its location. Its located a little away from the crowded Venice and yet just a 10min walk away to the Santa Lucia train station. It's setting is beautiful as it seems to be located in a University campus. The entire facility was very spacious with no bunk-beds in the rooms. One could even consider staying here as a couple in 2-bed room. It will be really romantic. The staff is really helpful and nice.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

The location of this hostel in excellent. It's a 5-10 min walk from the Roma Termini Station and about 25 min walk to the Colosseum. It's a clean hostel with a bar where you could meet people. But it does not have a kitchen. I prefer hostels that have a kitchen and a common room over hostels with bars. The former feels more homely and nicer, and easier to make friends at. The Yellow just felt very corporate and the staff weren't very friendly. There are no lockers outside of the rooms.

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

I was in Barcelona in transit on two non-consecutive half days and stayed here on both occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They cook you free dinner at night, which is a great occasion to meet new people. But I must say that the rooms were really small, smaller than any hostel I have ever stayed at. They have 4 beds in a room that must have not more than 2 beds. The hostel in itself is small. But the place is very clean and well-maintained. Small rooms is my only complaint.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Lisboa Central Hostel was the best hostel of all the other places I stayed at during my Europe trip. The facilities, decoration, arrangement seemed to be very well-thought out. In every hostel I went, I always found at least one thing that could have been easily fixed if someone put some thought in(like insufficient hangers in bathroom, handwash soap, etc). But Lisboa hostel was awesome in every way. The people were very friendly and the 10-bed room was huge by any standard.

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

This is a great hostel to meet new people. The location is right next to the Cathedral and hence walking distance from most places to visit. There is a terrace where you can hang out in the evening with the other hostelers. The staff were really helpful. But the hostel seems quite old and hence feels somewhat dingy. It's probably because it's right in the middle of a very touristic area. The price was very reasonable(11 euros a night during the christmas-new year vacation).

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

I absolutely loved this hostel. Free breakfast in the morning is a great plus. But it wasn't about the food as much as it was about meeting people in the kitchen. I met some amazing people during my stay at Granada. The courtyard in the middle of the hostel looked really cool and is a great gathering spot. The hostel looks newly established and has keycard access to all the rooms which makes it secure. I only wish they had more people-to-restroom ratio.

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

I think this is a great hostel on every account except the fact that the number of people in each room cannot be more than 4. I always prefer to stay in 8 or 10 bed rooms since it increases interaction between people. Otherwise, this is an excellent hostel with carefully thought out arrangements like the restrooms, high-tech security lockers in the facility, very helpful staff and cleanliness.