HI Baltimore

Baltimore, USA

It was quite a decent hostel. The living room was huge, which is a great plus point. The dorms were a bit too large to my liking. They only have 8-bed dorms and 12-bed dorms. When you have such a big dorm, the probability of running into someone who snores at night increases. Apart from that, the breakfast was decent - one could make their own pancakes. But there were no fruits or eggs. I guess that would be too much to expect, but I have been to hostels who have that.

This felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Amazingly clean, large, great facilities. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hostel - mind blowing. The only negative part about this hostel is that it's hard to meet people. It's just too huge, so it seems to be occupied by people travelling in large groups. So it becomes hard to know which people are travelling alone or in a smaller group. People travelling with 3 or more people tend to not be interested in conversations with strangers.

Home Made Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This is probably one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The common area was large, yet small enough to meet people easily. The rooms were the best part. Though it was a 8-bed dorm, it was huge and spacious with no bunk-beds. Each bed even had its own curtains. Location was awesome, right in between hero's square and Buda castle. Bathrooms was the only less-than impressive part - toilet, shower and wash basin were all combined, which creates delays. I guess that's not something they can change

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

This is probably one of the best hostels I have stayed at. They pretty much got everything right about the hostel. The common area was large, yet small enough to meet people easily. The breakfast was healthy and decent. The 8-bed room was very spacious and so well-arranged that it felt like 4-bed room dorm. The bathroom were separated into toilets, showers, wash basins which always helps (some hostels combine all three and create unnecessary waiting time). The staff were very nice. Location good

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

This is a really well managed hostel. It's very easy to meet people here given it's small size. The bathrooms were clean and spacious, breakfast was good, staff were very nice. Everything about this place was good. The location is within a 5 min walk from the center of old town and 20 min walk to the Schindler museum. I walked everywhere from the hostel.

Freehand Chicago

Chicago, USA

This is a really well located hostel, at a reasonable price point. The decor was top notch and the breakfast was healthy and decent. The only thing I did not like was close the beds in the 4-bedroom were placed together. This was a very small space for 4 people.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

I only stayed here for a night, so please take my review with a grain of salt. The hostel is located in an amazingly beautiful and historic part of Chicago. The people at the reception are courteous and helpful. The breakfast was healthy and filling. The bathrooms were clean. The only thing I didn't like was the bed. It was extremely squeaky. It made this sound every time I changed I moved in the bed. The mattered itself was fine. They should really fix this.

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

I was in Venice for just one day and I absolutely loved this hostel, its look and its location. Its located a little away from the crowded Venice and yet just a 10min walk away to the Santa Lucia train station. It's setting is beautiful as it seems to be located in a University campus. The entire facility was very spacious with no bunk-beds in the rooms. One could even consider staying here as a couple in 2-bed room. It will be really romantic. The staff is really helpful and nice.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

The location of this hostel in excellent. It's a 5-10 min walk from the Roma Termini Station and about 25 min walk to the Colosseum. It's a clean hostel with a bar where you could meet people. But it does not have a kitchen. I prefer hostels that have a kitchen and a common room over hostels with bars. The former feels more homely and nicer, and easier to make friends at. The Yellow just felt very corporate and the staff weren't very friendly. There are no lockers outside of the rooms.

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

I was in Barcelona in transit on two non-consecutive half days and stayed here on both occasions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They cook you free dinner at night, which is a great occasion to meet new people. But I must say that the rooms were really small, smaller than any hostel I have ever stayed at. They have 4 beds in a room that must have not more than 2 beds. The hostel in itself is small. But the place is very clean and well-maintained. Small rooms is my only complaint.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Lisboa Central Hostel was the best hostel of all the other places I stayed at during my Europe trip. The facilities, decoration, arrangement seemed to be very well-thought out. In every hostel I went, I always found at least one thing that could have been easily fixed if someone put some thought in(like insufficient hangers in bathroom, handwash soap, etc). But Lisboa hostel was awesome in every way. The people were very friendly and the 10-bed room was huge by any standard.

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

This is a great hostel to meet new people. The location is right next to the Cathedral and hence walking distance from most places to visit. There is a terrace where you can hang out in the evening with the other hostelers. The staff were really helpful. But the hostel seems quite old and hence feels somewhat dingy. It's probably because it's right in the middle of a very touristic area. The price was very reasonable(11 euros a night during the christmas-new year vacation).

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

I absolutely loved this hostel. Free breakfast in the morning is a great plus. But it wasn't about the food as much as it was about meeting people in the kitchen. I met some amazing people during my stay at Granada. The courtyard in the middle of the hostel looked really cool and is a great gathering spot. The hostel looks newly established and has keycard access to all the rooms which makes it secure. I only wish they had more people-to-restroom ratio.

I think this is a great hostel on every account except the fact that the number of people in each room cannot be more than 4. I always prefer to stay in 8 or 10 bed rooms since it increases interaction between people. Otherwise, this is an excellent hostel with carefully thought out arrangements like the restrooms, high-tech security lockers in the facility, very helpful staff and cleanliness.